Caitlin & Will/Keith Anderson Dropped; Gretchen Wilson’s Redneck Records; Initial Lineup for CMA Awards
Caitlin & Will and Keith Anderson have parted ways with Columbia Records. Tune in to GAC tonight to catch the premiere of “Why Don’t We Just Dance,” the first single and new video from Josh Turner‘s recently delayed album. The previous album release date was Nov. 10, but that has been pushed back three months […]
Guilty Women’s Amy Farris Found Dead; Nashville at Nite Returns; New 1100 Springs Music on the Horizon;
Austin native and fiddler Amy Farris, who was part of the group The Guilty Women that played with Dave Alvin, was found dead at her residence in Los Angeles at the age of 40. Suicide is suspected, although an investigation is still underway. Alt-512 Music Musings posted audio of Corb Lund‘s CD-release show at Threadgill’s […]
Peter Cooper recapped last night’s ACM Honors, which seemed to be the kind of event that should be televised in the place of the regular ACM Awards. If Williams had attended, he probably would have enjoyed the musical performances, which included medleys of his hits by Jamey Johnson and The Grascals and a smashing version […]
Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer. New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include: The Lovell Sisters – Time To Grow Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris Kristofferson (Reissues) Who’s to Bless and […]
LeAnn Rimes responded to claims that she is stalking her former Lifetime movie costar Eddie Cibrian. “You know what, I’m a classy woman, I’m never ever going to battle anything out in the press,” says LeAnn Rimes … “I can’t control other people but I can control what I say and what I don’t. I […]
Gary Allan will face an “aggressive stalker” in the courtroom tomorrow. New releases for the week of May 26, 2009 include: Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women – Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women Amazon | iTunes | Rhapsody George Jones – Walk Through This World With Me – The Complete Musicor Recordings, 1965-1971 (Box […]
Barbara Mandrell, Roy Clark and Charlie McCoy became the newest members of the Country Music Hall of Fame on Sunday in a ceremony that included tributes from Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, George Jones, Alison Krauss, Josh Turner, Michael McDonald, Rodney Crowell and others. Reba McEntire is scheduled to sign autographs at CMA Fest for the […]
Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women (consisting of Christy McWilson, Cindy Cashdollar, Nina Gerber, Laurie Lewis, Amy Farris, Sarah Brown and Lisa Pankratz) will kick off their tour on June 18 in Santa Cruz, CA in support of their new self-titled album. Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Donald “Ean” Evans passed away at the age of 48 […]
With an average of 14.8 million viewers, the ACM Awards saw a 78 percent increase over last year. The audio and video recordings of Trace Adkins performing “Till the Last Shot’s Fired” live at the ACM Awards are available for download on iTunes. (via My Kind of Country) RJ Eskow commented on the new John […]
For the third year in a row, the Country Music Association is donating proceeds from the CMA Music Festival to Nashville area schools. Only this year the total amounts to over $1 million, more than the past two years combined. Thirty-one schools will benefit from the donation and twenty-one of those schools will receive instruments […]
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …
- nm: I think that anyone who likes country music or Nashville and visits Nashville for those reasons is pretty quickly made …