The Tennessee legislature voted on Monday to name a stretch of road in honor of Jerry Lee Lewis. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox named today Unremarkable ’90s Album Cut Day and wants you to come up with the most atrocious ’90s album cut you can think of and post a Youtube link. His contribution is “Steamy […]
The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley. The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm. The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, […]
Sales for Jamey Johnson‘s album That Lonesome song jumped 60 percent since he won the ACM Song of the Year for “In Color.” Commenting on plans for the future, Johnson says he hopes to have a new album in the fall or early winter and has contributed songs to George Strait for consideration on his […]
Sugarland isn’t the only country group amidst a lawsuit at the moment. Everyone’s favorite trio, Rascal Flatts, was named in a suit by a songwriter from New York for copyright infringement. Joe Don Rooney’s lawyers defended the song, saying: “To the extent that ‘No Reins’ shares any similarities with the plaintiff’s alleged copyrighted work, any […]
Larry Berry bought a guitar from two boys in 1962 that they said had been stolen. The guitar strap had George Jones‘ name on it with streaks of white lightning. Berry says he’s been trying to reach Jones since the ’60s to return the guitar, but couldn’t get through to him until this year. Michael […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …