John Rich and his wife are expecting their first baby. Brad Paisley signed on to create and co-produce a new drama on the CW Network about “an aspiring young female singer destined for stardom and a male songwriter whose career isn’t as certain.” The Austin Chronicle‘s Jim Caligiuri reviewed recent albums from Guy Clark and […]
The Berklee College of Music presented Emmylou Harris with an honorary doctor of music. New releases for the week of October 6, 2009 include: Conway Twitty – 12 Number One Hits Amazon | Varese Vintage Records David Frizzell – The Very Best of David Frizzell Amazon | Varese Vintage Records Josh Grider – Sweet Road […]
Even on an off week, George Strait is going to be at or near the top of these charts. On a week where he’s releasing a new album, forget about it. The only question is just how many listeners is he going to be ahead of the closest competition for the Top Artist chart. In […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
The “Legends & Lyrics” public television series is taping two shows per day for the next several days at the Grand Masonic Lodge in Nashville. Among the singer-songwriters performing are Guy Clark, Dwight Yoakam, Darryl Worley and Billy Joe Shaver. The tapings are open to the public at no charge if you print out an […]
Carrie Underwood scored wins in the “Favorite Female Singer” and “Favorite Country Song” (for the song “Last Name”) categories at the People’s Choice Awards last night, and Rascal Flatts took home the trophy for “Favorite Group.” Asleep at the Wheel published the track list and personnel credits for their upcoming album with Willie Nelson, Willie […]
A Tennessee judge ordered all future documents relating to a paternity case against the estate of Eddy Arnold to be sealed. A California man, Christopher Edward Tanner, claimed that Arnold fathered him during an affair with his mother, who was a secretary at Arnold’s record label. The judge asserted that Arnold deserves to have his […]
Keith Urban‘s tour kicks off in May and he’s announced 58 dateless stops so far. (via ggcolumn) Texas Music Matters describes The Gourds‘ music as a “bawdry brand of Texas bluegrass” and Austin Music Source calls it “recombinant rocky-tonk jam-folk.” If that piques your interest, listen to a live recording of “Hey Thurman,” a song […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …