The New York Times‘ Charles McGrath interviewed Ralph Stanley before a recent concert: There are a lot of good bluegrass players these days, Mr. Martin among them, but Mr. Stanley said he didn’t listen to them much. He prefers to listen to the Stanley Brothers. “I may be a little prejudiced, but I like my […]
Pat Green and BNA Records have parted ways. New releases for the week of September 22, 2009 include: Adam Steffey – One More for the Road Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Arty Hill and the Long Gone Daddys – Montgomery on My Mind: The Hank EP Amazon | iTunes | MySpace | MP3 Samples Diamond […]
Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized on Tuesday for a respiratory infection. He was diagnosed with early signs of pneumonia. The Star-Telegram‘s Preston Jones is not fond of the latest from George Strait: Whatever the case, too much of Twang feels like Strait, who produced the record with longtime collaborator Tony Brown, capitalizing on his present, increased […]
After 36 years of publication, Radio & Records is calling it quits. The current state of affairs has left The Nielsen Company with no other alternative but to immediately cease all services, products and events related to Radio & Records. The magazine’s final edition is the June 5 issue. Electronic products end today, the Web […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
Now that John Michael Montgomery has the freedom that comes with owning his own record label, he plans to cut an album of his favorite Outlaw hits from the ’70s and early ’80s. He’s working with Time Life on the project, which he plans to record late summer/early fall. Dateline NBC is devoting an entire […]
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …
- Leeann: I think he generalized way too much, too black and white. He reminded me too much of Ryan Adams, who …