The New York Times‘ Charles McGrath interviewed Ralph Stanley before a recent concert: There are a lot of good bluegrass players these days, Mr. Martin among them, but Mr. Stanley said he didn’t listen to them much. He prefers to listen to the Stanley Brothers. “I may be a little prejudiced, but I like my […]
Pat Green and BNA Records have parted ways. New releases for the week of September 22, 2009 include: Adam Steffey – One More for the Road Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Arty Hill and the Long Gone Daddys – Montgomery on My Mind: The Hank EP Amazon | iTunes | MySpace | MP3 Samples Diamond […]
Tracy Lawrence was hospitalized on Tuesday for a respiratory infection. He was diagnosed with early signs of pneumonia. The Star-Telegram‘s Preston Jones is not fond of the latest from George Strait: Whatever the case, too much of Twang feels like Strait, who produced the record with longtime collaborator Tony Brown, capitalizing on his present, increased […]
After 36 years of publication, Radio & Records is calling it quits. The current state of affairs has left The Nielsen Company with no other alternative but to immediately cease all services, products and events related to Radio & Records. The magazine’s final edition is the June 5 issue. Electronic products end today, the Web […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
Now that John Michael Montgomery has the freedom that comes with owning his own record label, he plans to cut an album of his favorite Outlaw hits from the ’70s and early ’80s. He’s working with Time Life on the project, which he plans to record late summer/early fall. Dateline NBC is devoting an entire […]
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.