Dirt Drifters Cancel All Upcoming Appearances; Chatham County Line Plans Live Album Release; Jewel to Play June Carter Cash in Lifetime Movie
The Ryman’s chief audio engineer, Les Banks, talks about the room’s sound with Mix Magazine: “There are so many reflective surfaces, and the biggest challenge is the absolutely phenomenal difference between the empty Ryman at soundcheck and a full house that night. It’s night-and-day different; to this day I get freaked out by how loud […]
Randy Travis was arrested early Monday morning in Sanger, Texas on a charge of public intoxication. He has subsequently released a statement apologizing. Johnny Cash’s 80th birthday will be celebrated with two Cash-centric museums and multiple music releases. April 10 is the release date of the Steep Canyon Rangers’ Nobody Knows You. While the band’s […]
#20-11 10. Sunny Sweeney – Concrete Rooted in traditional country, Sunny Sweeney’s sophomore album is slick enough for contemporary, as she netted her first Top 10 single with “From a Table Away.” Sweeney’s taken a big step with her songwriting since debut record Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame, co-writing seven of Concrete’s ten tracks with talent […]
Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery; Larry Cordle Plans New Project; Give Me the Banjo Airs Tonight
Later this month, Keith Urban will undergo throat surgery to remove a polyp from his vocal cords. He’s planning on honoring pre-existing single song commitments, but other appearances and lengthier performances (including his All for the Hall fundraiser) will be postponed and rescheduled in 2012. Chet Flippo’s newest Nashville Skyline column is all about Vince […]
The Dirt Drifters have recently made headlines with one of the more unique marketing moves Music Row has seen in recent years. The band distributed 30,000 copies of their debut, digital-only album, This Is My Blood, as a way of building their fanbase. The “Give Blood” initiative presented concertgoers with an exclusive: a pair of […]
Blue Ridge Outdoors has a new, free “trail mix” compilation full of rootsy music for you to enjoy. Dolly Parton digs Alison Kraus and Beyonce. Also, her “first sexual encounter” was with Johnny Cash, via television. Vince Gill and Sting are going to tape an episode of CMT Crossroads in New York; it’ll air this […]
NPR on the origins of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. And on Jeff Bridges‘ new country record. And on the “new guard” of country music: most of the best-selling artists are neo-traditionalists who seamlessly integrate current styles and attitudes into classic approaches…[t]his new guard isn’t changing country so much as making the genre comfortable with the cultural […]
- Leeann Ward: I'll just go ahead and say it. I was impressed with how well Carrie did with the singing. I'm a …
- TexasVet: From MusicRow: Underwood’s ‘The Sound of Music Live!’ Brings In 19.3 Million Viewers earned NBC its biggest audience on the night …
- nm: I'd love to see a version of TSoM that managed to sneak in a new number or two based on …
- Barry Mazor: That any version of "Sound of Music" would be "trying to replace the cats of the movie" is an hysterically …
- TexasVet: The Von Trapps had some stinging comments concerning Underwood’s “Spound of Music” part. I think they pose some legitimate …
- tncheesehead: reading the story behind the Paisley/Underwood lawsuit I would guess that yes the idea was stolen - too many coincidences …
- BRUCE: Interesting lawsuit against Paisley & Underwood plus Sony. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Von Trapps …
- Country fan: Hunter is very good, I wish he would do some traditional country music.
- Luckyoldsun: Well, Hunter plays a mean accordion on Jambalaya!
- Country fan: Merle is one of the greatest talents in music.