Vince Gill to Receive BMI Icon Award; HoF to Salute Billy Edd Wheeler; Drive-By Truckers Concert Film Due in November
Kenny Rogers and Little Big Town are two of the acts who’ll appear on Star-Spangled Spectacular: Bicentennial of our National Anthem this Saturday. The PBS program will be broadcast live from Baltimore. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will salute Billy Edd Wheeler as part of its “Poets & Prophets” series on October […]
While pickin’ against the clock is the chosen way of many a bluegrass band, country great Alan Jackson has shown a knack for taking his sweet time. Rather than racing towards finish lines or pushing the boundaries of the genre, the self-professed “singer of simple songs” seems to relish every note, every solo break and […]
Sugarland Returns to the Stage; Free Rodney Parker and 50 Peso Reward Download; Philly Folk Fest Celebrates a Half Century
Sugarland returned to the stage and, joined by their crew, honored the victims of the Indiana stage collapse with a moment of silence and an acoustic rendition of their song “Love.” Chet Flippo’s newest Nashville Skyline column addresses the concert tragedy and some of the dangers that occur at shows while Joel Rose of NPR […]
Marshall Grant, the last surviving member of Johnny Cash’s Tennessee Two, passed away on Sunday at the age of 83. He had been in Arkansas to participate in the Johnny Cash Festival. An excerpt from Peter Cooper’s lovely obituary: Mr. Grant’s contributions to Cash’s sound were technically rudimentary but inarguably essential. He wasn’t trained on […]
It’s February and reminders of Valentine’s Day are everywhere. Sure, having that special someone is nice, but when times get bad, the only one who will always stand by you is your dog. So we’re going to pay tribute to them this month. There was quite a library of songs to choose from, so we […]
Prohibition ended over 70 years ago, but moonshine songs have still enjoyed a fair amount of popularity in the past decades. Narrowing it down to only 26 songs was difficult, and this month’s Top Five was pretty hotly contested here at The 9513 compound. Nevertheless, we did our best to bring you songs from a […]
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.