Blaine Larsen is the first artist signed to new label Treehouse Records. David Brown profiled Hayes Carll for Texas Music Matters and introduced the acclaimed songwriter before a performance at Austin City Limits’ ‘Studio 6B,’ which is available for download. Head over to Country California for another chance to score a free copy of The […]
In our continuing efforts to highlight what we consider to be good music and give a little insight into our tastes and possibly introduce you to something new and keep things fresh and…we’re starting a new monthly feature. The premise is simple: if each of us only had enough funds in our budget to purchase […]
Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women (consisting of Christy McWilson, Cindy Cashdollar, Nina Gerber, Laurie Lewis, Amy Farris, Sarah Brown and Lisa Pankratz) will kick off their tour on June 18 in Santa Cruz, CA in support of their new self-titled album. Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Donald “Ean” Evans passed away at the age of 48 […]
The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back. Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement […]
Karlie Justus reviewed a recent George Jones concert where he had a few slip-ups, but still conveyed heartache through is performance. Brian T. Atkinson has a brief interview with Sugarland’s Kristian Bush for Austin360. My Kind of Country reviewed Vern Gosdin‘s 1989 album Alone, which isn’t formally available but can be picked up on the […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …