Blaine Larsen is the first artist signed to new label Treehouse Records. David Brown profiled Hayes Carll for Texas Music Matters and introduced the acclaimed songwriter before a performance at Austin City Limits’ ‘Studio 6B,’ which is available for download. Head over to Country California for another chance to score a free copy of The […]
In our continuing efforts to highlight what we consider to be good music and give a little insight into our tastes and possibly introduce you to something new and keep things fresh and…we’re starting a new monthly feature. The premise is simple: if each of us only had enough funds in our budget to purchase […]
Dave Alvin and the Guilty Women (consisting of Christy McWilson, Cindy Cashdollar, Nina Gerber, Laurie Lewis, Amy Farris, Sarah Brown and Lisa Pankratz) will kick off their tour on June 18 in Santa Cruz, CA in support of their new self-titled album. Lynyrd Skynyrd bassist Donald “Ean” Evans passed away at the age of 48 […]
The video for Kenny Chesney‘s song “Out Last Night” debuted on MySpace today. Proceed with caution, you’ll never get the next three minutes and 16 seconds of your life back. Farce the Music sold out to make a serious recommendation for Do Wrong Right by The Devil Makes Three (MySpace). That’s the second strong endorsement […]
Karlie Justus reviewed a recent George Jones concert where he had a few slip-ups, but still conveyed heartache through is performance. Brian T. Atkinson has a brief interview with Sugarland’s Kristian Bush for Austin360. My Kind of Country reviewed Vern Gosdin‘s 1989 album Alone, which isn’t formally available but can be picked up on the […]
- Stuart Munro: I think this just moves the location of the discussion, Jack. If I named a bunch of rock artists who …
- Leeann Ward: Um, that's too much geekery for me to follow, Sam! My husband would understand you though.:)
- Jack Williams: Alabama Shakes won the AMA Emerging artist award couple of years ago. Also, classic soul influenced artists like Bettye Lavette, …
- Applejack: It certainly seems to me like the inclusion of St. Paul and the Broken Bones stretches the limits of how …
- Stuart Munro: Yes, that's the issue: is the tent so big as to have no boundaries? What *isn't* Americana? Is jazz? Is …
- Jack Williams: Um, roots music, that is.
- Jack Williams: Well, Americana is a pretty big tent. Classic southern soul falls under my personal definition of root music.
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.