In their latest crop of reviews The Austin Chronicle stamps three stars apiece on The Derailers – Under the Influence of Buck, Dale Watson – The Little Darlin’ Sessions, and Sam Baker – Pretty World. Judging from all the glowing reviews for The Little Darlin’ Sessions you wouldn’t know why Dale Watson protested its release. […]
The Derailers came out with their tribute to the late, great Buck Owens on Tuesday, aptly titled Under the Influence of Buck. Owens enjoyed The Derailers music and it was him who invited them to perform at his 70th birthday party in Bakersfield, CA, and it was The Derailers who honored Owens by adhering to […]
Hope everyone had a good weekend and a special Father’s Day. I had plans to make it a Walker family double header with Django on Friday and Jerry Jeff on Saturday, but plans fell through, and Sunday I visited my dad. Overall, it was a very relaxing weekend. Now we’re back today with what seems […]
Blues Marker Erected In Honor Of Jimmie Rodgers And Faith Hill To Debut New Single On ACM Show Tonight
Meridian, Mississippi unveiled a blues marker at the 54th Annual Jimmie Rodgers Festival. The marker was erected at the Singing Brakeman Park and is the 11th of an anticipated 100-plus blues markers planned for the state of Mississippi. Faith Hill will debut the first single, “Lost,” from her to-be-released album tonight at the ACM awards. […]
Johnny Bush – Kashmere Gardens Mud Johnny Bush released his autobiography at the beginning of March along with a new album, Kashmere Garden Muds. After I finished reading the book I decided to listen to his album as well, but was dismayed when I couldn’t find it on any of the popular download services or […]
Superb Charlie Louvin Article, Jason Aldean Nabs Platinum Status, And Patty Griffin’s Vivid Vignettes
This month Little Dog Records is featuring Scott Joss’s album, A New Reason to Care. He’s certainly got the credentials: Scott Joss has earned his place as one of the brightest talents guiding country music towards a Renaissance of musical values. Emerging from a promising apprenticeship as California State Men’s Fiddle Champion (three consecutive years), […]
If you haven’t heard of The Derailers before, I’d highly recommend you check out some of their stuff. “What you hear from The Derailers often depends on our whims.” Those whims produced a feast for Texas music lovers in The Derailers latest CD, “Soldiers of Love.” Yes, it is honky-tonk country, but with echoes of […]
In the world of gossip, this is old news, but for those who haven’t heard, Nicole Kidman is expecting a baby with her man, Keith Urban. A source said: “Miss Kidman certainly isn’t hiding the changes in her body now and seems to be very comfortable with them. Any woman seeing her now up close […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.