With musical influences that include jazz, country, classic, pop, swing and bluegrass, it’s not very easy to quickly describe The Belleville Outfit. It’s extremely easy to get hooked by their music, however. The young sextet plays with both virtuosity and energy and is quickly becoming known for a live act that’s won them fans across […]
Concord Music Group Acquires Rounder Records; Trailer Choir, Emily West, and Corb Lund Introduce New Videos
The California-based, independent label Concord Music Group acquired Rounder Records and its collection of over 3,000 master recordings. In a Q&A with Rita Ballou (whose blog Rawhide & Velvet has more drama than daytime television), Charla Corn revealed that Casey Donahew booted her from a gig because she’s a she. CMT has new videos for […]
Leona Atkins, widow of Chet Atkins, passed away on Wednesday at the age of 85. A Truer Sound reviewed James McMurtry‘s concert in Blacksburg, VA last week, where he was glad to play for a dancing crowd following his tour of Europe where the audience was mostly immobile. “They’re good people,” he said of his […]
Gary Allan will face an “aggressive stalker” in the courtroom tomorrow. New releases for the week of May 26, 2009 include: Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women – Dave Alvin and The Guilty Women Amazon | iTunes | Rhapsody George Jones – Walk Through This World With Me – The Complete Musicor Recordings, 1965-1971 (Box […]
The Americana Music Association announced the nominees for its 8th Honors and Awards ceremony yesterday. The ceremony will be held September 17 at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN during the Americana Festival and Conference and will be hosted by Jim Lauderdale, featuring a band led by Buddy Miller and additional, yet-to-be-named performers. The AMA […]
With “I Told You So,” Carrie Underwood became the first country artist in history ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles on the strength of their first two albums. New releases for the week of May 12, 2009 include: Alecia Nugent – Hillbilly Goddess Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Amazing Rhythm Aces – Very Best […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.