“Love for Levon” Benefit Concert Planned; Loretta Lynn Works on New Music; The Real Cost of Free Downloads
Singer-songwriter Heather Roberts is missing. She was last seen in the Dallas area. Loretta Lynn talks about the new music she’s been working on: Well, I’ve got 60-something things cut already. I’ve got a Christmas album, two religious albums. I’m gonna put ‘em out and get ‘em on the radio. Coming to the East […]
David Nail Announces Fall Tour; Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out to Perform Anthem at SEC Opener; Railroad Revival Tour Adds New Orleans Date
A mystery fan shelled out $138,000 for a date with Dolly Parton. Proceeds go to the nonprofit Dr. Robert F. Thomas Foundation. Take a sneak peek of the Patsy Cline Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum exhibit before it opens next week. David Nail announced dates for a fall club tour. Watch the teaser […]
CMT Awards Performers Announced; Rosanne Cash Narrates BBC Radio Program About Bobbie Gentry; Album Releases
Stream Willie Nelson’s new album, Heroes and the collection Jail House Bound: John Lomax’s First Southern Prison Recordings, 1933. The Infamous Stringdusters have announced the lineup for their shindig, The Festy. This year’s performers will include Trampled By Turtles, Della Mae, Tony Trischka Territory, The Steel Wheels, and more. Tickets for The Festy, which will […]
Aldean/Clarkson Duet Goes Double Platinum; Free Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers Download; ACMs Net 21 Million Viewers
Listen to “My Father’s Advice,” the Rodney Crowell and Kris Kristofferson collaboration from Kin: Songs by Mary Karr & Rodney Crowell. The Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson duet “Don’t You Wanna Stay” has gone double platinum. Check out Song to Soul, a documentary about The Band produced for Japanese television. CMT’s Craig Shelburne interviewed Dustin Lynch. An […]
Did Miley someone insult Taylor Swift? Oh no she didn’t! No, really…she didn’t. — Jim What kind of writing style does George Strait use? The Dean Dillon style. — Sam Strait country delivered strait from the heart, strait to you. Puns are also encouraged. — CMW What is Jaron’s last name? Andthelongroadtolove. Most people assume […]
The “comeback” effort from three Chicks, as well as Taylor Swift’s debut album, land near the mid-section of our countdown of the decade’s best country albums, but this 10-disc installment is best characterized by it’s Southwestern flair; Texans Kris Kristofferson, Amber Digby, Guy Clark and Dale Watson join the march across the halfway point as […]
The second installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 albums is a male-dominated affair, save for a Georgia peach with big old voice and a young Aussie Sheila with a love for traditional country. 90. Twice The Speed Of Life (2004) – Sugarland Twice The Speed Of Life may not be the most […]
At some level, it has always been about the road for Timothy B. Schmit. Before travelling uncountable highway miles playing bass in the country-rock band Poco for nearly a decade, and before charting courses around the world as a member of The Eagles, it was about chasing the song on tires. For this Rock and […]
Welcome to The 9513’s chart update, now with twice the charts. We’re trying a couple new things to give a slightly broader reach of what’s going on in the country chart world, so let me know if you like the changes. The focus of this feature will continue to be The 9513’s Last.fm charts, however, […]
The Band of Heathens has taken something of an unorthodox approach in its ascent to Americana notoriety. The Austin-based quintet made two live records and amassed a legion of fans before releasing its self-titled debut in 2008. Now, the band is back with its second effort, One Foot in the Ether. Fans of Cross Canadian […]
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.