Little Jimmy Dickens to Begin Radiation Treatment; Big Sandy, Farewell Drifters Plan Album Releases; New Sturgill Simpson Video
Little Jimmy Dickens will begin short-term radiation next week to treat the “precancerous condition” found on his vocal cords. April’s ACM Awards netted the annual event’s “highest ratings in 15 years,” according to ACM CEO Bob Romeo. Sturgill Simpson’s “Railroad of Sin” video premiered on Saving Country Music. The Farewell Drifters have signed with Compass […]
Jana Kramer had an airplane scare yesterday. A couple of her tweets: “Terrified out of my mind. Emergency landing back in Miami without landing gear. #pray” “HOLY S**T that was NOT cool at all. Good news though. I’m on the ground. We made it. Thanks for the prayers #shaking” Songwriter Tim Johnson passed away from […]
TG Sheppard Hospitalized; Sam Phillips, Jerry Lee Lewis Among Memphis Music HoF Inductees; Underwood Goes Platinum
T.G. Sheppard is in critical condition after being hospitalized on Sunday with a bladder infection that spread through his bloodstream. Barry Mazor interviewed Garth Brooks for this fine Wall Street Journal article. Julie King of the News Guardian reviewed a recent Mary Chapin Carpenter/Shawn Colvin concert. Willie Nelson was one of the guests at Jamey […]
It was the great leader Nelson Mandela who said, “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” And he’s right. With the creativity and inventiveness that is part of the human spirit, it’s rarely capability that keeps us from achieving goals, but the belief that it can be done. Few probably thought that a little AM […]
Matraca Berg looks like a country singer. She’s slim and pretty. When she speaks, it’s with a strong Kentucky drawl. The boys would gush over her and the girls would all want to be her. But that’s not what Berg is. She’s a songwriter—and a good one at that. So good, that she was picked […]
Some more songs that I liked, one song per artist, not necessarily the biggest hit. As always, I consider myself free to comment on other songs by the artist. “I’m Having Your Baby” – Sunday Sharpe (1974) Female answer to a rather lame Paul Anka hit with the answer song being better (or at least […]
Jamey Johnson is joining Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews for the Farm Aid music festival in New England on Sept. 20. Maybe this will end up being the first step towards a Jamey Johnson and Willie Nelson studio collaboration. Or maybe I’ll just keep on dreaming my dreams. Keeping […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.