After album after album of simple, intelligent country music that stands the test of time, it would be easy to phone in a review of the latest Alan Jackson record. It’ll be authentic. It’ll be spare, but heavy on the steel guitar. It’ll have a handful of self-penned songs that speak to his roles as […]
Now that the holidays are over, we can concentrate on what comes next. We’re not talking about turkey leftovers or ensuring that Aunt Louise and Uncle Milton make it home safely back to Tampa. We’re talking about the mountains of receipts staring us in the face from all of the presents we bought and thought […]
Songwriters: Ronnie Dunn and Terry McBride. The girl can’t help it. Reba McEntire, like a moth to a fickle flame, is drawn to the warm, welcoming glow of fame. While her fellow 50-something ladies—Patty Loveless and Rosanne Cash, for starters—were practicing their craft without a need for Nashville sheen, Reba recorded Keep on Loving You, […]
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.