Even the most dedicated music listener can miss a few albums. Here are ten up-and-coming artists whose albums may have slipped beneath your radar this past year. MilkDrive This acoustic string band out of Austin starts Road From Home off right, with murder ballad “Dry Creek Inn.” Many of the tracks on their debut studio […]
New releases for the week of March 1, 2011 include: Aaron Lewis – Town Line Amazon ($5.00) | iTunes Bart Crow Band – Brewster Street Live Amazon | iTunes Buddy Miller – The Majestic Silver Strings Amazon ($6.99) | iTunes Jewly Hight – Right By Her Roots (Book) Amazon Lucinda Williams – Blessed Amazon | […]
Miranda Lambert and friends Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy, and Hillary Scott take on their alter egos in her new video for “Only Prettier.” Tanya Tucker filed a lawsuit against Nashville producer Gregg A. Brown for more than $170,000. The lawsuit claims that Brown kept seven master recordings and 29 video recordings that belong to […]
Most Played Single of the Decade Belongs to Tim McGraw; Johnny Cash’s ‘American VI’ Rumored For February
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday break and didn’t miss us too much. Although Christmas is over, lists are not (as you’ll notice in the news), and neither is our Big Christmas Giveaway, so be sure to enter before the new year if you’d like to be one of the 25 lucky winners. The most […]
Last.fm has put together a list of the Top 1000 artists for 2009. Artists tagged as country take up… eight spots. By way of comparison, “pop” has 121 artists, “folk” has 80 and “melodic death metal” has 26. Last.fm’s Top 8 Country artists of the year are, by order of where they ranked in the […]
Charges Against John Rich Dropped; Banjo Man Allen Shelton Passed Away; Reckless Kelly Plans New Record
A Nashville judge dismissed assault and harassment charges levied by Jared Ashley against John Rich. New releases for the week of November 24, 2009 include: Drew Kennedy – An Audio Guide to Cross Country Travel Lone Star Music (CD order) | MySpace Jimmy Wayne – Sara Smile Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Trent Tomlinson – […]
If the ghosts of Hank Thompson, Buddy Holly, and Doug Sahm could have been anywhere Saturday night, it would have been in the rafters of Gruene Hall watching the splendor of the Tejas Brothers. Whether it was the thrill of playing in the vaunted dance hall, the reunion with Eleven Hundred Springs–a band that’s cheered […]
Dierks Bentley believes Feel that Fire is CMA album of the year quality and says he’d be disappointed if it wasn’t at least a nominee. However, The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica is less than enamored with Bentley’s new album: Even the company of finer talents doesn’t stir him up. He wrote “Pray” with the […]
Kid Rock, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney signed on to headline next year’s Stagecoach festival in California. Billboard has a list of other initial performers that includes Jerry Jeff Walker, Miranda Lambert and Dale Watson. In her appearance on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show yesterday morning, Taylor Swift revealed that she was, in fact, […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.