Mel Tillis Plans Book Release; Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s Drummer, Injured in Car Crash; Album Releases
Mel Tillis has a book in the works for release later this year. Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s drummer, was hospitalized with serious injuries following a car accident in Kentucky on Saturday. T Bone Burnett shares his musical influences with Vulture. Hank Williams III has two records in the works. The New Yorker published a piece [...]
Red Simpson Named HoF’s New Poet & Prophet; Billy Joe Foster Passes Away; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys
Billy Joe Foster, who played with Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Special Edition, and Country Gazette passed away at the age of 51. Red Simpson is the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s newest “Poet and Prophet.” He’ll take part in an in-depth interview and performance at the HoF on February 23. [...]
With her 2010 debut, The Way I Remember It, Teea Goans quickly established herself as heir to country music royalty. On that album of covers of classic country songs, Goans demonstrated a canny ability to select the tunes that showed off her incredible vocal range, recalling Patty Loveless, Loretta Lynn, and Suzy Boggus, among others. [...]
- Rick: Opry Alert! I'm guessing(?) tonight marks the end of the spring season of the Thursday Night Classic Country Opry shows ...
- bob: Thanks for the info on the PBS Carole King concert. It will be good to see Trisha Yearwood sing again.
- Jon: Nope.
- Luckyoldsun: Sounds good. Is she--or her husband--related to Dallas? (I'll assume not to Joe.)
- Luckyoldsun: R-- Sounds like you're expanding your palate. "60′s style California hippie vibe" sounds like something you'd have banned from your playlist.
- Rick: I like the production, the excellent guitar picking, and Rebecca has a nice voice with individuality, but the song structure ...
- Rick: That Buddy Emmons tribute album sounds kinda interesting. I just might have to give it a listen when it's available. Congratulations ...
- Jon: Jack Bernhardt is the bomb.
- Bruce: Good article on Rucker. I do not care for all his songs and he is far from my favorite. I ...
- Kelly D.: Dig the Whiskey Sisters and the write-up from ol' Jim C.