Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Mel Tillis is recovering after undergoing “routine heart surgery” over the weekend. USAToday.com premiered songs by Rodney Crowell (“God, I’m Missing You”) and Don Williams (“Sing Me Back Home”). Mavis Staples, Lucinda Williams, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Allen Toussaint, and more will salute Dr. John at a tribute concert scheduled for May 3 in […]
Mel Tillis Plans Book Release; Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s Drummer, Injured in Car Crash; Album Releases
Mel Tillis has a book in the works for release later this year. Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s drummer, was hospitalized with serious injuries following a car accident in Kentucky on Saturday. T Bone Burnett shares his musical influences with Vulture. Hank Williams III has two records in the works. The New Yorker published a piece […]
Red Simpson Named HoF’s New Poet & Prophet; Billy Joe Foster Passes Away; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys
Billy Joe Foster, who played with Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Special Edition, and Country Gazette passed away at the age of 51. Red Simpson is the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s newest “Poet and Prophet.” He’ll take part in an in-depth interview and performance at the HoF on February 23. […]
With her 2010 debut, The Way I Remember It, Teea Goans quickly established herself as heir to country music royalty. On that album of covers of classic country songs, Goans demonstrated a canny ability to select the tunes that showed off her incredible vocal range, recalling Patty Loveless, Loretta Lynn, and Suzy Boggus, among others. […]
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …