Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Mel Tillis is recovering after undergoing “routine heart surgery” over the weekend. USAToday.com premiered songs by Rodney Crowell (“God, I’m Missing You”) and Don Williams (“Sing Me Back Home”). Mavis Staples, Lucinda Williams, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Allen Toussaint, and more will salute Dr. John at a tribute concert scheduled for May 3 in […]
Mel Tillis Plans Book Release; Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s Drummer, Injured in Car Crash; Album Releases
Mel Tillis has a book in the works for release later this year. Gregg Lohman, Kellie Pickler’s drummer, was hospitalized with serious injuries following a car accident in Kentucky on Saturday. T Bone Burnett shares his musical influences with Vulture. Hank Williams III has two records in the works. The New Yorker published a piece […]
Red Simpson Named HoF’s New Poet & Prophet; Billy Joe Foster Passes Away; Miranda Lambert to Perform at Grammys
Billy Joe Foster, who played with Bill Monroe, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Special Edition, and Country Gazette passed away at the age of 51. Red Simpson is the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s newest “Poet and Prophet.” He’ll take part in an in-depth interview and performance at the HoF on February 23. […]
With her 2010 debut, The Way I Remember It, Teea Goans quickly established herself as heir to country music royalty. On that album of covers of classic country songs, Goans demonstrated a canny ability to select the tunes that showed off her incredible vocal range, recalling Patty Loveless, Loretta Lynn, and Suzy Boggus, among others. […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.