Miranda Lambert and friends Kellie Pickler, Laura Bell Bundy, and Hillary Scott take on their alter egos in her new video for “Only Prettier.” Tanya Tucker filed a lawsuit against Nashville producer Gregg A. Brown for more than $170,000. The lawsuit claims that Brown kept seven master recordings and 29 video recordings that belong to […]
This article will focus on some more artists who either had a very short period of great success or had an extended run of near-success. The McCarters blazed brightly across the sky in 1988 and ’89. Comprised of lead singer Jennifer and her twin sisters Lisa and Teresa, this trio hearkened back to an older […]
In 2004, Gretchen Wilson fired off a scorching opening salvo that she hasn’t matched since. “Redneck Woman” billed her as a tough-talking champion for a flock of country belles. With songs drawn from her Southern Illinois upbringing, Wilson served as a drinkin’-and-cussin’ counterpoint to the glamour girls who’d sprouted up all over CMT. The rookie […]
Here’s 20 of country music’s best hotel and motel songs. Apologies for excluding Neal McCoy’s “Hillbilly Rap.” Honorable Mentions: Cadillac Sky – “Motel Morning” David Houston – “No Tell Motel” Eagles – “Hotel California” Gene Watson – “Love in the Hot Afternoon” Guy Clark – “Lone Star Hotel” Jack Ingram & Jerry Jeff Walker – […]
Country Music Hall of Fame Announces Inductees: Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill
Jimmy Dean, Ferlin Husky, Don Williams, and Billy Sherrill were announced as the newest members to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. New releases for the week of February 23, 2010 include: Big Jeff Bess – Tennessee Home Brew Amazon | Bear Family Records Don Rigsby & Midnight Call – The Voice […]
Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett earned Oscar nominations for their work on Crazy Heart. The soundtrack is currently available for download at $5.00 with the deluxe edition marked up a few dollars at $7.99. New releases for the week of February 2, 2009 include: Béla Fleck – Throw Down Your […]
NewsChannel 5 chief investigative reporter Phil Williams published the results of a seven month investigation into ticket scalping for Keith Urban concerts and more specifically, the recent “We’re All For the Hall” benefit. [...] our investigation discovered, this year Keith Urban struck a deal with Ticketmaster to, in essence, scalp tickets to his own shows. […]
Whitney Duncan didn’t say “I want to be a country music singer” with her very first words, but she might as well have. With a passion that belied her age, Whitney sang at school events, including multiple elementary and middle school graduations as well as finished as a medalist at a talent competition at Loretta […]
John Rich and his wife are expecting their first baby. Brad Paisley signed on to create and co-produce a new drama on the CW Network about “an aspiring young female singer destined for stardom and a male songwriter whose career isn’t as certain.” The Austin Chronicle‘s Jim Caligiuri reviewed recent albums from Guy Clark and […]
Despite the endlessly repeated backstory, Rosanne Cash’s new album has little to do with her father and his influence on her tastes and career, at least not beyond suggesting the tracklist. Rather, The List plays like a tribute to the durability of country songwriting and its impact over the decades. Despite the genre’s lowly reputation […]
- luckyoldsun: And sometimes she breaks into "I Fought the Law and the Law Won."
- bob: @Leeann - Don Schlitz's wife Stacy is also a good singer. At some of his shows, she'll sing a song …
- Leeann: It's hardly on topic, but Don Schlitz's wife is an actual lawyer.
- Erik North: I like that list of country songs that Laura Cantrell drew up for people who are suspicious of the genre. …
- Leeann: Thank you for linking to my discussion. To clarify, they're not so much my favorite Dad songs, but rather, songs …
- Jack: "I got turned off a not so new guy’s music after he started recording songs like “Get Drunk and Be …
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …