Actress Jane Seymour believes her 14-year-old son Johnny is channeling the spirit of his godfather, Johnny Cash. UPDATE (11:38 am): Sugarland’s The Incredible Machine topped the Billboard 200 albums chart this week with 203,000 copies sold. Back in 1981, Johnny Cash and Ray Charles recorded a duet on the Kris Kristofferson song “Why Me Lord,” […]
Blake Shelton Invited to Join Opry; ‘Country Strong’ Tracklist Announced; Nashville Venue Plans Austin Location
It only took the Opry 69 characters of the allotted 140 on Twitter to invite Blake Shelton to become a member during last night’s Opry House reopening ceremony. Watch video of the invitation on YouTube » Tom Roland recapped the events of the Grand Ole Opry House reopening. But the night also included performances that […]
The sprightly, spunky opening chords of Miss Leslie’s album Wrong is What I Do Best signal a new burst of energy from the Lone Star State singer, manifested throughout with song after song of Texas two-steps, undulating waltzes and old-school kiss-offs. Miss Leslie, born Leslie Anne Sloan, boasts a clear, crisp voice that cuts straight […]
Faith Hill Celebrates Post-Katrina Rebuild; Country Music Hall Expected to Double in Size; James Otto Welcomes Daughter
Faith Hill performed a free concert in New Orleans last night to support and celebrate how far the Gulf Coast has come since hurricane Katrina flooded the area. Chevel Johnson has a recap for The Associated Press. Coinciding with the construction of a downtown Nashville Omni Hotel, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum […]
George Jones to Join Texas Country Music Hall of Fame; New Releases; Randy Houser Reveals More Tracks
George Jones, Al Dexter, and Ray Winkler are scheduled to be inducted into the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame this Saturday (Aug. 21) This year’s special guest performer will be Mel Tillis and the Statesiders. Also performing will be the Justin Trevino Band featuring Tony Booth, Georgette Jones, Frankie Miller, Darryl McCall, Mona McCall, […]
Peach Pickers In High Demand; Butch Hancock Closes Out ‘Iconic Years’ At Cactus Cafe; Bad ‘Carrie-Oke’
The trio of Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, and Ben Hayslip has quickly become a hot commodity in the country music songwriting realm. All three being from Georgia, they’ve embraced their newfound collective notoriety and dubbed themselves the Peach Pickers. The three friends scored their first hit as a songwriting trio in 2008 with Brooks & […]
Wynonna Judd, her daughter, and tour manager were involved in a “major head-on collision” on Wednesday. Fortunately, everyone turned out to be okay. On Aug. 20, the Country Music Hall of Fame will debut the new exhibit Tammy Wynette: First Lady Of Country Music, Presented By Great American Country Television Network. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox […]
Be sure to follow Pierce’s post about flood relief efforts in Nashville. It’ll be updated throughout the day with new information and links to relevant stories. Sammy Kershaw announced his candidacy for Lt. Governor of the state of Louisiana. New releases for the week of May 4, 2010 include: Ashley Ray – Ashley Ray Amazon […]
George Strait Sets Record; Hank Williams Receives Posthumous Pulitzer Award; New Dixie Chicks Compilation
With “I Gotta Get to You” reaching No. 9 on Billboard‘s top country songs chart George Strait set a new record; he became the first act to hit the top 10 on any Billboard chart for 30 straight years. If it weren’t for an improperly placed drainfield that disrupted the sale of David Ball‘s Nashville […]
Aside from the Gary Allan record Get Off On The Pain, I’m not finding much in the way of new music releases today. Standard Edition: Amazon ($7.99) Deluxe Edition: Amazon | iTunes Read C.M. Wilcox’s four-star review on The 9513. David Cantwell cautions listeners against believing that the American albums represent the complete Johnny Cash, […]
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.
- luckyoldsun: Maybe he was just changing out of his hunting clothes. At least he didn't do the full Randy...um Monty.
- Donald: If you haven't heard...this one is a bit bizarre: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/johnny-cash-s-son-arrested-at-deer-lake-airport-after-removing-his-clothes-1.2814697?cmp=rss I think the link says almost all....