Carrie Underwood Releases New Video; Americana Festival Moving to Austin?; Randy Houser Records for Waylon Tribute
[nocopy] Preliminary talks are underway, and have been for two years, to relocate the annual Americana Music Conference & Festival from Nashville to Austin. Austin’s public broadcast station is rumored to be in on the talks too, with an offer to film and broadcast live performances and the awards program. Sounds cool, right? Austin Music […]
‘American Idol’ Targets Shania; Reba Announces New Album; Jamey Johnson Talks About ‘The Guitar Song’
A source with apparent knowledge of the search for new American Idol judges named Shania Twain as a possible candidate. Austin Music Source’s John T. Davis recapped night one and night two of Butch Hancock‘s five-night No Two More Alike concert series at the Cactus Cafe. Hancock, like his songs, looked more or less ageless, […]
Kellie Pickler Announces Engagement; Loretta Lynn & Willie Nelson Recordings Enter Library of Congress
Kellie Pickler and songwriter Kyle Jacobs announced their engagement. Jacobs popped the question on June 15, the birthday of Pickler’s late grandmother. The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica recapped Tuesday night’s four-hour concert, “Nashville Rising: A Benefit for Flood Recovery,” which was hosted by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There was even a surprise appearance […]
A new documentary, Johnny Cash Of Easter Cash, exploring the Scottish roots of Johnny Cash airs tomorrow on BBC Radio. Rascal Flatts isn’t shy about taking credit for the pop country movement: “It’s kind of amazing that people are just now finding out about it,” Flatts guitarist/pianist Jay DeMarcus admits to The Boot. “Not to […]
Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer. New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include: The Lovell Sisters – Time To Grow Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris Kristofferson (Reissues) Who’s to Bless and […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …