Carrie Underwood Releases New Video; Americana Festival Moving to Austin?; Randy Houser Records for Waylon Tribute
[nocopy] Preliminary talks are underway, and have been for two years, to relocate the annual Americana Music Conference & Festival from Nashville to Austin. Austin’s public broadcast station is rumored to be in on the talks too, with an offer to film and broadcast live performances and the awards program. Sounds cool, right? Austin Music […]
‘American Idol’ Targets Shania; Reba Announces New Album; Jamey Johnson Talks About ‘The Guitar Song’
A source with apparent knowledge of the search for new American Idol judges named Shania Twain as a possible candidate. Austin Music Source’s John T. Davis recapped night one and night two of Butch Hancock‘s five-night No Two More Alike concert series at the Cactus Cafe. Hancock, like his songs, looked more or less ageless, […]
Kellie Pickler Announces Engagement; Loretta Lynn & Willie Nelson Recordings Enter Library of Congress
Kellie Pickler and songwriter Kyle Jacobs announced their engagement. Jacobs popped the question on June 15, the birthday of Pickler’s late grandmother. The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica recapped Tuesday night’s four-hour concert, “Nashville Rising: A Benefit for Flood Recovery,” which was hosted by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. There was even a surprise appearance […]
A new documentary, Johnny Cash Of Easter Cash, exploring the Scottish roots of Johnny Cash airs tomorrow on BBC Radio. Rascal Flatts isn’t shy about taking credit for the pop country movement: “It’s kind of amazing that people are just now finding out about it,” Flatts guitarist/pianist Jay DeMarcus admits to The Boot. “Not to […]
Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer. New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include: The Lovell Sisters – Time To Grow Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris Kristofferson (Reissues) Who’s to Bless and […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.