The story of Johnny Cash has been told and retold so many times and in so many forms over the past 15 years that it has accrued as much legend as fact. In two autobiographies, numerous histories and critical studies, a Hollywood biopic and even a graphic novel, the major events of his life become […]
They just don’t make cars—or country singers—like they used to. 5. “Ol’ Webb’s Bullhorn Pontiac” – Gin Palace Jesters There are countless Nudie suits floating around out there, but only a few Nudie cars. Webb Pierce’s ’62 Bonneville was decorated with over 300 silver dollars, six-shooters, and longhorns. The unabashedly old school Gin Palace Jesters, […]
Michael Martin Murphey signed a multi-album contract with Rural Rhythm Records during last week’s IBMA convention and will release his second set of bluegrass tunes, Buckaroo Blue Grass 2, next February. The first single is a remake of “Wildfire” as a duet with Carrie Hassler.
Give Me The Beat Boys and Free My Soul I Want To Get Lost In Your Country Song And Drift Away Sam Phillips’ Sun Studios in Memphis had quite a coterie of performers during the mid 1950s: Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Harold Lloyd Jenkins (aka Conway Twitty), Jerry Lee Lewis, Charlie Rich, Carl […]
The recent release of the complete Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison concerts seems an ideal time to assess Johnny Cash’s importance to the world of Country Music. Make no mistake about it: Johnny Cash was a huge commercial success, despite his own apparent lack of concern about how commercial his music was at any given […]
- Elizabeth Linder: I love sitting by a bond fire with my husband making s'mores and drinking hot chocolate.
- Jeremy Dylan: One might say that a good way to pay tribute to RCA Studio a would be to not demolish it …
- willard willams: Oct. 10, as that is our wedding anniversary. Will be 50 years and I still remember.
- Both Kinds of Music: What an excellent team-up.
- Pam Wallace: A day like yesterday,...driving through Ohio countryside with leaves beginning to turn and cows lying in the pastures because every …
- Jackie Lester: My favorite part of autumn is seeing wooly bear caterpillars!
- Mike harris: Love fall with the warm glow of the sun and all the beautiful fall colors
- Richrd Simerson: Love good old bluegrass music
- Six String Richie: Studio A will be replaced with a dog park, condos and restaurants. Gentrification at it's finest.
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.