Paul Thorn’s next album, Too Blessed to be Stressed, is due out August 19. Here’s the new video for his song “Everybody Needs Somebody.” In an interview for CelebStoner.com (yeah, you probably shouldn’t click that if you’re at work), Willie Nelson revealed that he and Kacey Musgraves are “going to do some recording together.” Nelson’s […]
MerleFest Lineup Announced; Jennifer Nettles’ Solo Album Due in January; Darrell Webb Releases New Single
Everyone from Alan Jackson to Zephyr Lightning Bolts is playing MerleFest next April. George Strait took home the ASCAP Founders Award Monday night. Check out the full list of winners here. Speaking of ASCAP, the organization has kicked off its centennial celebration. Will Hoge played a set for CMT. This is from The National Enquirer, […]
Americana Award Winners Announced; HoF to Extend Bakersfield Sound Exhibit; Stream New Blind Boys of Alabama & Patty Griffin Song
The winners of last night’s Americana Awards: Album of the Year: Old Yellow Moon, Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell Artist of the Year: Dwight Yoakam Duo/Group of the Year: Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell Song of the Year: “Birmingham,” Shovels & Rope Emerging Artist: Shovels & Rope Instrumentalist of the Year: Larry Campbell Trailblazer Award: Old […]
Toby Keith’s Oklahoma Relief Concert Scheduled for 7/6; Ray Price Hospitalized Again; Farm Aid Heads to Saratoga Springs
Ray Price has been hospitalized again; this time to treat the kidney stones that developed due to the severe dehydration he was hospitalized for not too long ago. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Toby Keith’s Oklahoma Twister Relief Concert will be held July 6 in Norman. Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Willie Nelson, and Ronnie […]
HoF to Open Nashville Spotlight Exhibit; Terry Baucom Offers Free Song Download; MerleFest Launches Smartphone App
A spotlight exhibit dedicated to the show Nashville will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum on April 5 and run through October 31. Check out the album art and track listing for George Strait’s Love is Everything (out May 14). Here’s Buddy Miller and Jim Lauderdale playing “I Lost My Job […]
Gill, Skaggs to Perform at Jack Greene Memorial; New Jason Isbell Album Due in June; Mississippi Country Music Trail Will Honor Johnny Russell
A memorial service for Jack Greene will be held March 27 at the Ryman. Vince Gill, Lorrie Morgan, Gene Watson, Mandy Barnett, The Whites, Ricky Skaggs, Penn Pennington, Joe Rucker and members of the Opry band are expected to perform, while Dallas Frazier, Jeannie Seely, Keith Bilbrey, Charlie Ammerman, and Roxanne Atwood are expected to […]
Barry Gibb made his Grand Ole Opry debut this past Friday night. “I have dreamed of performing on the hallowed stage of the Opry since I was 12 years old. So this is a dream come true for me,” Gibb was quoted as saying. “There is no greater honor.” He and Ricky Skaggs played “When […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …