Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer Perform Toegther; Country Stars Land Roles in New Civil War Mini-Series; Free Rodney Crowell
Up until this past fall, sisters Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer have kept their musical lives separate. Recently though, they’ve performed several intimate shows together as part of what they’ve dubbed their Side By Side tour. NPR is streaming a collection of songs that they performed live in Studio 4A, including the song they open […]
Lady Anteblleum Leads Country Artists In Grammy Nods; Alan Jackson Fulfills Contract; Todd Snider Schedules Live Collection
As far as country artists go, Lady Antebellum came out on top during last night’s announcement of the Grammy nominees, scoring several nominations in all-genre categories. A diverse range of artists and entertainers represented the country genre though, including Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Dailey & Vincent, Marty Stuart & Connie Smith, The […]
During tonight’s ASCAP Country Music Awards Alan Jackson will be recognized with the organization’s Founder’s Award. In an interview with The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts, Jackson talked about the honor, his oldest daughter leaving for college, and future plans: “He still wants to make a classic bluegrass record, is contemplating another gospel recording and thinks he […]
CMT Music Awards Recaps & Videos; First Day of CMA Fest Cut Short; Willie & Merle Top Americana Chart
CMT Music Awards recaps abound: CMT’s Calvin Gilbert notes that Carrie Underwood went home the big winner. She scored a video of the year trophy buckle for “Cowboy Casanova” and CMT performance of the year for a live version of “Temporary Home,” which was featured on CMT’s concert series Invitation Only. Check the full list […]
Americana Awards Nominees Announced; Shelby Lynne Free At Last; Blake Shelton Celebrates “Hillbilly Bone”
Nominees for the 9th annual Americana Honors & Awards show were announced a couple of days ago. Blake Shelton talked about his latest hit at the No. 1 party for “Hillbilly Bone” on Wednesday: “To be honest with y’all, it’s tough enough to go do interviews with people like Chelsea [Handler] and talk about a […]
Be sure to follow Pierce’s post about flood relief efforts in Nashville. It’ll be updated throughout the day with new information and links to relevant stories. Sammy Kershaw announced his candidacy for Lt. Governor of the state of Louisiana. New releases for the week of May 4, 2010 include: Ashley Ray – Ashley Ray Amazon […]
Since Shelby Lynne has changed musical personas so many times during her more than 20-year career, the effervescent pop opener of Tears, Lies, And Alibis isn’t really a surprise. Then Lynne, the soulful crooner from 2008’s Just A Little Lovin’ (a homage to Dusty Springfield) appears, and for the rest of the the album she’s […]
Flooding Leads to Canceled Shows; Paul English May Have Suffered Stroke; Cody Canada Concussed by Flying Liquor Bottle
In light of current Nashville flooding, here’s a suitable haiku from Country Haiku: How high’s the water? Five feet high and rising … wait Six … seven … oh, crap Consider making a donation to Red Cross to help victims of the flood. Dierks Bentley and Alison Krauss had to cancel concerts due to the […]
Alan Jackson will perform a benefit concert on May 22 for the families of the miners who died earlier this month in an explosion. Charlie Hopper works for an advertising agency. Copywriting is the only career he’s ever had, but one day he got the idea that he should write a song and try to […]
Dale Watson Abides; Early Kristofferson Demos; Herbs Not Required to Enjoy New Jason Boland Live Album
Dale Watson went Nashville. No, he didn’t slick his music up to appeal to a mainstream audience, he went to Nashville to record country music the way it was done in an earlier era and he enlisted studio musicians Pete Wade, Pig Robbins, and Lloyd Green to help create what he calls his dream record. […]
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!