Dolly Parton Withdraws from Planned Water Park; Tracy Lawrence Honored with Humanitarian Award; New Music Videos
On her blog, “Me and Emily” singer Rachel Proctor outlined her struggles over the last four and a half months. She suffered a postpartum hemorrhage following the birth of her daughter Olivia, who was born with a life-threatening heart defect. From her latest post: “At one point I heard the nurse say my blood pressure […]
Taylor Swift Named Billboard Woman of the Year; Punch Brothers to Open for Paul Simon; Kasey Chambers Nabs ARIA Award Nominations
Coming on December 1 from Texas A&M University Press: I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt, by Brian T. Atkinson. Barry Mazor was quoted in the press release: “Commendably, I’ll Be Here in the Morning celebrates the artful song maker and intellect Van Zandt was at his best and […]
BMI will honor Kris Kristofferson as a music icon during its awards show in November. New releases for the week of June 30, 2009 include: Brad Paisley – American Saturday Night Amazon | iTunes [Bonus: "Then (Single Edit)"] | MySpace Brandon Rickman – Young Man, Old Soul Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Cledus T. Judd […]
For the first time ever, ABC Daytime and SOAPnet are sponsoring a tour — Sara Evans‘ tour. As part of the deal, Evans will participate in performances on the networks and they’ll provide soap talent for appearances at her shows. Miranda Lambert‘s third album, Revolution, is scheduled for a September 29 release. She wrote three […]
The folks behind the musical production Conway Twitty: The Man, The Music, The Legend, The Musical announced that Elizabeth Cook (MySpace) has been added to the cast to play the role of Joni Twitty, one of Conway’s daughters. (via press release) The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica calls John Rich‘s “Shuttin Detroit Down” the first […]
Notorious prankster Brad Paisley was the first to fall victim to not one, but two pranks on this year’s tour at the hand of Jewel. Yeah, it’s a slow news day. Robert K. Oermann goes to great efforts and research to portray the Opry members as more than just artists in his new book, Behind […]
- Dana M: Now I wish I went to see Miranda Lambert in concert.
- bob: Enjoyed the articles on the story behind "When She Cries" and the dearth of women on Canadian Country radio. Thanks. …
- Saving Country Music: Everything that came out in Friday's assessment of Studio 'A' by the developer was stuff we already knew. The only …
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"