Library of Congress Reveals National Recording Preservation Plan; Music City Roots Adds Affiliates; Free Vandaveer, Milk Carton Kids Downloads
Doyle Lawson wants to be your valentine. Here he is playing “Love Me Tender” with his band, Quicksilver. Jamey Johnson did a lengthy and revealing Rolling Stone interview. An excerpt: “I wish I could tell you that I am writing. I’m not. I wish I could tell you I’m gonna go home next week and record […]
Randy Travis, Joe Nichols Perform at Chris Kyle’s Memorial; CMT Edge Premieres New Wayne Hancock Song; Album Releases
Ray Price’s cancer remains in remission. Out May 14: Plowboy Records’ You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold. The tribute record features performances by Chuck Mead, Alejandro Escovedo, Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chris Scruggs, Mary Gauthier, and more. Randy Travis and Joe Nichols performed at the memorial service for Chris Kyle, the former Navy […]
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band to Release Remastered Edition of Will the Circle Be Unbroken; Kacey Musgraves’ Debut Drops 3/19; Mike Auldridge Tribute Announced
The Hank Williams Estate “is making over 200 live performance recordings directly available to movie houses, television production companies, and advertising agencies, where before these rare live recordings had never been accessible for licensing directly from the Estate.” Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s seminal 1972 album, Will the Circle Be Unbroken, was remastered from the original […]
Banjo Symposium Coming to UNC-Chapel Hill; Taylor Swift Breaks Digital Sales Record; New Videos from The Flatlanders, Drew Kennedy
Ray Price is working on a new album, reports Markos Papadatos. Here’s the new video for Drew Kennedy’s “Stars in California.” And a video from The Onion: “Country Artist Sings About Real America and Its Meth Addicts.” There’s a neat article on IndyWeek.com about this weekend’s banjo symposium at UNC-Chapel Hill. Joy Kills Sorrow’s “Jason” […]
Jennifer Nettles got married last Saturday to boyfriend Justin Miller. Producer and Columbia Records A&R rep Don DeVito passed away on Friday at the age of 72. He was instrumental in the careers of Bob Dylan, The Byrds, and more. Songwriter Virginia Mae Stauffer passed away earlier this month. Did a group called The Speek […]
The Seldom Scene is one of bluegrass music’s most influential bands, and a vital part of Washington, DC’s vibrant bluegrass history. This year, the band is celebrating its 40th anniversary. We got the chance to talk with guitarist and vocalist (and ENT surgeon) Dr. John Starling, one of the band’s founding members (he’s now retired), […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.