Sweeney, Musgraves Among ACM Newcomer Award Nominees; Gill, Harris to Play “All for the Hall” Concert in NYC; Son Volt Announces New Album
Brian T. Atkinson interviewed Kris Kristofferson for CMT Edge. In March, the Country Music Association will host the first International Country Music Marketing Summit at Disneyland Paris. PopMatters’ Dave Heaton asks, “How much can the genre of country music progress if it’s spending all of its time looking back?” The Bluegrass Situation posted a neat […]
The change to Billboard’s Hot Country music chart, in which digital sales, web-streamed play and non-country-radio spins will influence chart performance has caused quite the internet flutter. Some takes on the change: Matt Bjorke at Roughstock The Triggerman at Saving Country Music Edward Morris at CMT Kevin John Coyne at Country Universe And now there’s a […]
This year’s nominees for induction into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame include Gretchen Peters, Tony Arata, Robert Byrne, and Beth Nielsen Chapman. Read the entire list of nominees here. David Nail will release a three song EP called 1979 on July 17. It will include his cover of Adele’s “Someone Like You.” WAMU’s Bluegrass […]
People Magazine has a free playlist for you to download that includes music from The Band Perry, Scotty McCreery, Chris Young, Eli Young Band, Montgomery Gentry, Love and Theft, Brantley Gilbert, and Hunter Hayes. Taylor Swift is far-off cousins of Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn according to Geni.com. Ellen DeGeneres and […]
Taylor Swift Named Billboard Woman of the Year; Punch Brothers to Open for Paul Simon; Kasey Chambers Nabs ARIA Award Nominations
Coming on December 1 from Texas A&M University Press: I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt, by Brian T. Atkinson. Barry Mazor was quoted in the press release: “Commendably, I’ll Be Here in the Morning celebrates the artful song maker and intellect Van Zandt was at his best and […]
Even if you have never heard Sarah Darling’s music, you will most definitely recognize her. Anyone semi-familiar with the Big & Rich music video “Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy” surely remember the mannequin that shares a back seat of a convertible Cadillac with Big Kenny that shocks everyone by coming “alive” at the end […]
Dolly Parton talks fashion with some bloggers. Sadly, none of those bloggers are us. Different strokes for two of New England’s biggest folk festivals. A lovely tribute to America’s Dan Peek, who passed away on the 24th. Here’s a pretty cool video about banjo pickin’ prosecutor Jim Gabeheart. Miss Leslie and Her Juke-Jointers are currently […]
Matraca Berg Schedules First Album in 14 Years; New Album Release List; Zac Brown Band Releases New Video
On May 17, Matraca Berg will release The Dreaming Fields, her first album in 14 years. (via press release) With The Dreaming Fields, she not only evokes the seminal records she was raised on, she fearlessly looks towards life and tragic resolution of a battered woman (“If I Had Wings”), the devastating beauty fading into […]
Tim McGraw stopped his concert at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles on Sunday to have a man ejected by security for his perceived mistreatment of a woman. In other McGraw news, his next album, Southern Voice, will be released Oct. 20. New releases for the week of July 28, 2009 include: Elvis Presley […]
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!
- paul w dennis: My favorite TTH sings are "I Can't Dance" and St. Louis Named A Shoe After Me" Of course, that just …
- luckyoldsun: Actually, it strikes me as a rather iffy subject for a museum. What kind of exhibits would they have? Jones …
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …