Sweeney, Musgraves Among ACM Newcomer Award Nominees; Gill, Harris to Play “All for the Hall” Concert in NYC; Son Volt Announces New Album
Brian T. Atkinson interviewed Kris Kristofferson for CMT Edge. In March, the Country Music Association will host the first International Country Music Marketing Summit at Disneyland Paris. PopMatters’ Dave Heaton asks, “How much can the genre of country music progress if it’s spending all of its time looking back?” The Bluegrass Situation posted a neat […]
The change to Billboard’s Hot Country music chart, in which digital sales, web-streamed play and non-country-radio spins will influence chart performance has caused quite the internet flutter. Some takes on the change: Matt Bjorke at Roughstock The Triggerman at Saving Country Music Edward Morris at CMT Kevin John Coyne at Country Universe And now there’s a […]
This year’s nominees for induction into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame include Gretchen Peters, Tony Arata, Robert Byrne, and Beth Nielsen Chapman. Read the entire list of nominees here. David Nail will release a three song EP called 1979 on July 17. It will include his cover of Adele’s “Someone Like You.” WAMU’s Bluegrass […]
People Magazine has a free playlist for you to download that includes music from The Band Perry, Scotty McCreery, Chris Young, Eli Young Band, Montgomery Gentry, Love and Theft, Brantley Gilbert, and Hunter Hayes. Taylor Swift is far-off cousins of Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn according to Geni.com. Ellen DeGeneres and […]
Taylor Swift Named Billboard Woman of the Year; Punch Brothers to Open for Paul Simon; Kasey Chambers Nabs ARIA Award Nominations
Coming on December 1 from Texas A&M University Press: I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt, by Brian T. Atkinson. Barry Mazor was quoted in the press release: “Commendably, I’ll Be Here in the Morning celebrates the artful song maker and intellect Van Zandt was at his best and […]
Even if you have never heard Sarah Darling’s music, you will most definitely recognize her. Anyone semi-familiar with the Big & Rich music video “Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy” surely remember the mannequin that shares a back seat of a convertible Cadillac with Big Kenny that shocks everyone by coming “alive” at the end […]
Dolly Parton talks fashion with some bloggers. Sadly, none of those bloggers are us. Different strokes for two of New England’s biggest folk festivals. A lovely tribute to America’s Dan Peek, who passed away on the 24th. Here’s a pretty cool video about banjo pickin’ prosecutor Jim Gabeheart. Miss Leslie and Her Juke-Jointers are currently […]
Matraca Berg Schedules First Album in 14 Years; New Album Release List; Zac Brown Band Releases New Video
On May 17, Matraca Berg will release The Dreaming Fields, her first album in 14 years. (via press release) With The Dreaming Fields, she not only evokes the seminal records she was raised on, she fearlessly looks towards life and tragic resolution of a battered woman (“If I Had Wings”), the devastating beauty fading into […]
Tim McGraw stopped his concert at the California Mid-State Fair in Paso Robles on Sunday to have a man ejected by security for his perceived mistreatment of a woman. In other McGraw news, his next album, Southern Voice, will be released Oct. 20. New releases for the week of July 28, 2009 include: Elvis Presley […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.