Ray Price Released from Hospital; Deadly Gentlemen, Courtyard Hounds Plan July Album Releases; Healing in the Heartland Raises $6M
Ray Price is home after being hospitalized a couple weeks ago for severe dehydration. Songwriter, producer, journalist, and British Columbia Country Music Hall of Fame inductee Larry Wayne Clark passed away. Blake Shelton’s Healing in the Heartland benefit show raised more than $6 million for tornado relief efforts. Peter Cooper penned two very different open letters to […]
Today we’re thinking of our friends in Oklahoma who’ve been affected by the tornado. Here are a few ways you can help. (h/t Farce the Music) George Strait made a brief video thanking the fans for helping him achieve his “Sixty for Sixty” goal. He’s got the most #1s in music history; you can listen […]
Jennifer Nettles Teams Up with Rick Rubin; Black Prairie Records Wild Ones Soundtrack; New Music Videos
Jennifer Nettles is working with Rick Rubin on a solo album that will be released in the fall. Randy Travis is suing the Texas attorney general’s office and the Texas Department of Public Safety to prevent the release of all evidence, including the dash-cam video, from his 2012 DWI arrest. Taylor Swift won eight Billboard […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."