Larry Cordle Schedules New Album and Three Singles; Will, Wills and Willie; Introduction to the Westbound Rangers
Larry Cordle has a new album, Pud Marcum’s Hangin’, scheduled for a March 15 release and three singles scheduled for release tomorrow. For country fans, Cordle offers his own expressive version of a song first recorded by country star Trace Adkins in 2008, “Sometimes a Man Takes a Drink.” The lighthearted “Uncle Bob Got Religion,” […]
The recent All for the Hall benefit concert brought in nearly $450,000. A charitable initiative called NASH2O has begun auctioning flood-damaged instruments to benefit the Nashville community. Guitars donated by Vince Gill, Keith Urban and others are currently up for bidding with many more planned for the next month. Lady Antebellum tied Eminem with five […]
Steve Martin Recruits Dixie Chicks; Julianne Hough Sheds Clothes For New Video; Best Live Albums Continued
In an interview with Gary Graff for The Malcomb Daily, Ronnie Dunn shoulders the blame for the split between himself an Kix Brooks. Dunn, in fact, has said he’s responsible for the ultimate decision to split, saying he quit the group over disagreements he and Brooks were having over what songs to include on their […]
One of Nashville’s famous session musicians of the past, guitarist Fred Carter, Jr., and father of country singer Deana Carter passed away on Saturday of stroke-related causes at the age of 76. New releases for the week of July 20, 2010 include: Asleep at the Wheel and Leon Rausch – It’s A Good Day Amazon […]
Lady Antebellum became the first act to reach platinum status in 2010 with its release of Need You Now. Country California Fake News: Radio professionals from across the nation are converging on Nashville this week for Country Radio Seminar (CRS), an annual gathering that gives them the chance to rub elbows with the next generation […]
Sony Pictures plans to bring Kenny Chesney to the big screen next April in a limited-release concert film, Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3-D. Sugar Hill released a video from the release party for Sam Bush‘s album Circles Around Me. Brad Paisley on why he wears a hat: It’s about the image, and it’s about the […]
So, did you hear Brooks & Dunn are splitting up? The duo will release #1′s…and then some next month and take a farewell tour, The Last Rodeo Tour, in 2010. Your take: As a duo, is Brooks & Dunn’s Hall of Fame inclusion a forgone conclusion? Country Universe listed 10 essential tracks and two hidden […]
Revolution at the Ryman: Miranda Lambert plans to play all the new tracks from her upcoming album, Revolution, in sequence at the Ryman Auditorium just five days before its Sept. 29 release. The second annual ACM Honors, a ceremony honoring the off-camera category winners of the Academy of Country Music Awards, will be hosted by […]
Steve Martin is headed to the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 11. He’ll be performing with The Steep Canyon Rangers in An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo. Tickets go on sale next Friday (July 31). Two Tons of Steel (MySpace) will release their new album, Not That Lucky, on August 18. (via press release) John Dawson, […]
Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer. New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include: The Lovell Sisters – Time To Grow Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris Kristofferson (Reissues) Who’s to Bless and […]
- luckyoldsun: Someone should do a feature on the current "next generation" sons-of-superstar country artists--Hank III, Shooter Jennings, Bobby Bare Jr., Dean …
- Jack: Not impressed by Justin Townes Earle's low view of country music.
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …