Larry Cordle Schedules New Album and Three Singles; Will, Wills and Willie; Introduction to the Westbound Rangers
Larry Cordle has a new album, Pud Marcum’s Hangin’, scheduled for a March 15 release and three singles scheduled for release tomorrow. For country fans, Cordle offers his own expressive version of a song first recorded by country star Trace Adkins in 2008, “Sometimes a Man Takes a Drink.” The lighthearted “Uncle Bob Got Religion,” […]
The recent All for the Hall benefit concert brought in nearly $450,000. A charitable initiative called NASH2O has begun auctioning flood-damaged instruments to benefit the Nashville community. Guitars donated by Vince Gill, Keith Urban and others are currently up for bidding with many more planned for the next month. Lady Antebellum tied Eminem with five […]
Steve Martin Recruits Dixie Chicks; Julianne Hough Sheds Clothes For New Video; Best Live Albums Continued
In an interview with Gary Graff for The Malcomb Daily, Ronnie Dunn shoulders the blame for the split between himself an Kix Brooks. Dunn, in fact, has said he’s responsible for the ultimate decision to split, saying he quit the group over disagreements he and Brooks were having over what songs to include on their […]
One of Nashville’s famous session musicians of the past, guitarist Fred Carter, Jr., and father of country singer Deana Carter passed away on Saturday of stroke-related causes at the age of 76. New releases for the week of July 20, 2010 include: Asleep at the Wheel and Leon Rausch – It’s A Good Day Amazon […]
Lady Antebellum became the first act to reach platinum status in 2010 with its release of Need You Now. Country California Fake News: Radio professionals from across the nation are converging on Nashville this week for Country Radio Seminar (CRS), an annual gathering that gives them the chance to rub elbows with the next generation […]
Sony Pictures plans to bring Kenny Chesney to the big screen next April in a limited-release concert film, Kenny Chesney: Summer in 3-D. Sugar Hill released a video from the release party for Sam Bush‘s album Circles Around Me. Brad Paisley on why he wears a hat: It’s about the image, and it’s about the […]
So, did you hear Brooks & Dunn are splitting up? The duo will release #1′s…and then some next month and take a farewell tour, The Last Rodeo Tour, in 2010. Your take: As a duo, is Brooks & Dunn’s Hall of Fame inclusion a forgone conclusion? Country Universe listed 10 essential tracks and two hidden […]
Revolution at the Ryman: Miranda Lambert plans to play all the new tracks from her upcoming album, Revolution, in sequence at the Ryman Auditorium just five days before its Sept. 29 release. The second annual ACM Honors, a ceremony honoring the off-camera category winners of the Academy of Country Music Awards, will be hosted by […]
Steve Martin is headed to the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 11. He’ll be performing with The Steep Canyon Rangers in An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo. Tickets go on sale next Friday (July 31). Two Tons of Steel (MySpace) will release their new album, Not That Lucky, on August 18. (via press release) John Dawson, […]
Carrie Underwood doesn’t yet have a title for her next album, but it will be released on November 3 with the first single expected late summer. New releases for the week of July 7, 2009 include: The Lovell Sisters – Time To Grow Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris Kristofferson (Reissues) Who’s to Bless and […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."