Miranda Lambert’s best album, Vince Gill’s epic artistic endeavor and an Opry legend’s final turn in the spotlight all land on the third-to-last installment of our countdown of the decade’s top 100 country albums. 30. Revolution (2009) – Miranda Lambert The wunderkind sheds some of the more outrageous elements of her previous album–the violence, the […]
Jack White is scheduled to produce a forthcoming album for Wanda Jackson. Trace Adkins is the new celebrity spokesperson for BC Headache Powder. The only other country artist the company has worked with in its 100-year history is Faron Young. The title track to Jerry Lee Lewis‘ recent EP release, Mean Old Man, was written […]
With the halcyon days of multi-platinum records and even diamond records (for 10 million copies of an album sold), the music industry has run into economic struggles. Sales of CDs are down, music piracy is continuing to take its toll, and the industry’s seemingly reluctant embrace of digital music hasn’t done much to stop the […]
Ashley Monroe has had an unlikely career so far. Signed to Sony as a teenager, she released two strong singles that went nowhere. Her debut album, Satisfied, was shelved, and she was eventually released from her contract. That spells doom for most artists, but Monroe has flourished since then: collaborating with Trent Dabbs and Brendan […]
Blaine Larsen is the first artist signed to new label Treehouse Records. David Brown profiled Hayes Carll for Texas Music Matters and introduced the acclaimed songwriter before a performance at Austin City Limits’ ‘Studio 6B,’ which is available for download. Head over to Country California for another chance to score a free copy of The […]
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss were the big winners at the Grammys last night, sweeping all five categories they were nominated in for their collaboration on Raising Sand. Those wins, along with other relevant award winners are highlighted here: Album of the Year: Raising Sand – Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Record of the Year: […]
MySpace Music is premiering the new Dierks Bentley album Feel That Fire today — five days before its official release date. (via NashvilleGab) Hillary Scott insists that the new awards darlings, Lady Antebellum, were not behind the breakup of The Wreckers, despite Dave Haywood‘s notions to the contrary. Keith Urban scored a sponsorship from KC […]
Terry Hobbs, the stepfather of one of three 8-year-old boys murdered in Crittenden County, Ark. in 1993, recently filed a complaint against Dixie Chicks’ Natalie Maines for statements posted to the band’s website in November of 2007 and comments she made last December. The complaint alleges Maines wrongfully made a “false and reckless claim that […]
Several Texas-based blogs did a bang up job covering the annual Austin City Limits Music Festival that took place this past weekend. The ACL festival isn’t typically known for bringing in a ton of country music, but there were several country, and country-flavored acts on the bill. Unfortunately, I didn’t stumble upon any coverage of […]
Chicago-based Constellation Spirits is expected to announce today that they’re developing a premium rum in partnership with Kenny Chesney, which will be out in the first quarter of 2010. The name is yet to be determined, but a spokesman for Constellation said it will not bear Chesney’s name. However, stage banners at his concerts would […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …