Jayhawks Reissues Due in July; Dolly Parton Releases New Video; Jimmy Dean Museum to Break Ground in June
Jewly Hight interviewed Bobby Osborne about the Osborne Brothers’ new-old album Nashville, which is getting released on Pinecastle June 10. Pam Tillis tells Cindy Watts (The Tennessean) that she’s getting ready to return to the studio. In fake news, “Band Whose Music Nobody Cares to Claim Calls Self Americana.” Gangstagrass has a new video. Watch […]
One lesser-mentioned Ray Price life and career accomplishment to celebrate and remember now is that he came to be able to say “yes.” There are fans, to this day, who will go to great lengths to tell you how much they honor shuffle king Ray’s driving 1950s hits, the likes of “My Shoes Keep Walking […]
It’s that time of year again when we’re making our lists and checking them twice to find out which books have been good enough this year to stuff your and your families’ and friends’ stockings. Making such lists always presents a challenge since hundreds of books about music, musicians, or the making of individual albums […]
Clear Channel and CMT have formed an unholy alliance signed a deal to “create central country-music programming to be distributed across 125 Clear Channel country stations, as well as television and digital platforms, such as Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio.” An interesting factoid from the Wall Street Journal article on this deal: “Country fans have become particularly […]
Kenny Rogers to Receive Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award; Free Alejandro Escovedo MP3; New Album Releases
Bloodshot Records is offering a free download of Alejandro Escovedo’s version of The Velvet Underground’s “Pale Blue Eyes” in remembrance of Lou Reed. Robert Hilburn, author of Johnny Cash: A Life, was interviewed on NPR. Listen here. Robbie Fulks is the American Songwriter Writer of the Week. Loretta Lynn has postponed her Iowa tour dates; she’s […]
The first 17 inductees into the Outlaw Music Hall of Fame were announced on Saturday night. The artists named in the first class include Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, The Carter Family, Bobby Bare, Chris Gantry, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Sammi Smith, Steve Young, Jessi […]
ABC to Broadcast Nashville Documentary; Skaggs & Hornsby Play Conan; Free St. Paul & The Broken Bones Download
Here are some videos from The Avett Brothers, Julie Roberts, and The Quiet Life. Ty Herndon’s got a new single. Download a St. Paul and the Broken Bones EP on NoiseTrade. Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby were on Conan last night. Phyllis Stark (Billboard) writes that country music’s dearth of women extends beyond the charts; […]
- Leeann Ward: Interesting! I just got an email from Amozon saying that they cancelled my preorder of Jamey Johnson's Christmas album due …
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …