Jayhawks Reissues Due in July; Dolly Parton Releases New Video; Jimmy Dean Museum to Break Ground in June
Jewly Hight interviewed Bobby Osborne about the Osborne Brothers’ new-old album Nashville, which is getting released on Pinecastle June 10. Pam Tillis tells Cindy Watts (The Tennessean) that she’s getting ready to return to the studio. In fake news, “Band Whose Music Nobody Cares to Claim Calls Self Americana.” Gangstagrass has a new video. Watch […]
One lesser-mentioned Ray Price life and career accomplishment to celebrate and remember now is that he came to be able to say “yes.” There are fans, to this day, who will go to great lengths to tell you how much they honor shuffle king Ray’s driving 1950s hits, the likes of “My Shoes Keep Walking […]
It’s that time of year again when we’re making our lists and checking them twice to find out which books have been good enough this year to stuff your and your families’ and friends’ stockings. Making such lists always presents a challenge since hundreds of books about music, musicians, or the making of individual albums […]
Clear Channel and CMT have formed an unholy alliance signed a deal to “create central country-music programming to be distributed across 125 Clear Channel country stations, as well as television and digital platforms, such as Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio.” An interesting factoid from the Wall Street Journal article on this deal: “Country fans have become particularly […]
Kenny Rogers to Receive Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award; Free Alejandro Escovedo MP3; New Album Releases
Bloodshot Records is offering a free download of Alejandro Escovedo’s version of The Velvet Underground’s “Pale Blue Eyes” in remembrance of Lou Reed. Robert Hilburn, author of Johnny Cash: A Life, was interviewed on NPR. Listen here. Robbie Fulks is the American Songwriter Writer of the Week. Loretta Lynn has postponed her Iowa tour dates; she’s […]
The first 17 inductees into the Outlaw Music Hall of Fame were announced on Saturday night. The artists named in the first class include Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, The Carter Family, Bobby Bare, Chris Gantry, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Sammi Smith, Steve Young, Jessi […]
ABC to Broadcast Nashville Documentary; Skaggs & Hornsby Play Conan; Free St. Paul & The Broken Bones Download
Here are some videos from The Avett Brothers, Julie Roberts, and The Quiet Life. Ty Herndon’s got a new single. Download a St. Paul and the Broken Bones EP on NoiseTrade. Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby were on Conan last night. Phyllis Stark (Billboard) writes that country music’s dearth of women extends beyond the charts; […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.