One lesser-mentioned Ray Price life and career accomplishment to celebrate and remember now is that he came to be able to say “yes.” There are fans, to this day, who will go to great lengths to tell you how much they honor shuffle king Ray’s driving 1950s hits, the likes of “My Shoes Keep Walking […]
It’s that time of year again when we’re making our lists and checking them twice to find out which books have been good enough this year to stuff your and your families’ and friends’ stockings. Making such lists always presents a challenge since hundreds of books about music, musicians, or the making of individual albums […]
Clear Channel and CMT have formed an unholy alliance signed a deal to “create central country-music programming to be distributed across 125 Clear Channel country stations, as well as television and digital platforms, such as Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio.” An interesting factoid from the Wall Street Journal article on this deal: “Country fans have become particularly […]
Kenny Rogers to Receive Willie Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award; Free Alejandro Escovedo MP3; New Album Releases
Bloodshot Records is offering a free download of Alejandro Escovedo’s version of The Velvet Underground’s “Pale Blue Eyes” in remembrance of Lou Reed. Robert Hilburn, author of Johnny Cash: A Life, was interviewed on NPR. Listen here. Robbie Fulks is the American Songwriter Writer of the Week. Loretta Lynn has postponed her Iowa tour dates; she’s […]
The first 17 inductees into the Outlaw Music Hall of Fame were announced on Saturday night. The artists named in the first class include Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, The Carter Family, Bobby Bare, Chris Gantry, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Sammi Smith, Steve Young, Jessi […]
ABC to Broadcast Nashville Documentary; Skaggs & Hornsby Play Conan; Free St. Paul & The Broken Bones Download
Here are some videos from The Avett Brothers, Julie Roberts, and The Quiet Life. Ty Herndon’s got a new single. Download a St. Paul and the Broken Bones EP on NoiseTrade. Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Hornsby were on Conan last night. Phyllis Stark (Billboard) writes that country music’s dearth of women extends beyond the charts; […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …