2013 was a busy year for Donna Ulisse; early in the year she released I Am a Child of God, an album of gospel songs, and released Showin’ My Roots later that year. On Roots, Ulisse honors the men and women whose music and writing are so much a part of what has created her. […]
From the moment this musical journey begins—with the soaring call-and-response of “I See the Light of the World”—to the closing joyous, Irish reel-inflected shouts of shepherds running through the streets of Bethlehem crying, “The Baby King is born/Heaven’s here on earth,” in “Morning in Bethlehem,” Ulisse’s rapturous and angelic voice soulfully accompanies us on the […]
Second chances don’t often make themselves available in the music industry. Thankfully one found its way to Donna Ulisse (pronounced “you-liss-ee”). Like so many other aspiring country music artists, Ulisse followed her dream to Nashville where she first found work as a back-up and session singer, working with the likes of Jerry Reed. She finally […]
Songwriter: Donna Ulisse Well, it’s the holiday season, which means that, short of moving into an abandoned missile silo, for the next four weeks you won’t be able to escape a near-constant soundtrack of Christmas music. Luckily, bluegrass songbird Donna Ulisse has a new Christmas song that will soothe even the Grinchiest of hearts. “You […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …