One of my favorite reissues so far this year is Where’s Your Love Been, an album by Sandra Rhodes that the Fantasy label put out in 1972, that had basically been out of print ever since, and that Omnivore Recordings rereleased in March. I suspect most people, even serious music fans, have never heard of […]
Jim Lauderdale, Duhks Prep Summer Releases; New Johnny Cash Book Due in September; Mundo Earwood Passes Away
Barry Mazor spoke with Mac Wiseman at yesterday’s Hall of Fame induction announcements. Check it out. We’ve also got a few exclusive photos from the event that you can see on our Facebook page. Benjamin Whitmer, who co-wrote Charlie Louvin’s Satan is Real: The Ballad of The Louvin Brothers, talks about the experience in this […]
Kristofferson to Receive Lifetime Grammy; Randy Travis to Star in Lifetime Christmas Movie; New Ralph Stanley Album Due in February
Ralph Stanley and Ralph Stanley II are releasing new album Side by Side on February 18. The tracklisting includes “Wild Bill Jones,” “Are You Waiting Just for Me,” and a dozen other songs. (via press release) The night before the Grammys, Kris Kristofferson, Rick Hall, and Enrico Morricone will receive the Recording Academy’s Lifetime Achievement […]
Travis Tritt dropped out of a benefit concert for Joplin, Missouri tornado relief efforts because his expenses would have been covered by donations: “It is inappropriate and wrong to take contributions that were given to help victims of the tornadoes and use that money for any other purpose,” Tritt wrote [on his Facebook page]. “I […]
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.
- Kev: I saw Jim Ed at the Opry in June and he sounded great then. I certainly look forward to …
- Delica Smith: I've had the blessings of following Mr. JimEd and Helen Cornelius since the mid 70s. I was a amateur …
- Inell: I meant to say you still sound as great as you did when you sang Pop O Top
- Inell: Oh Jim this is an awesome song I will be adding this to the collection of your other records I …
- Arlene: I couldn't agree more with Bonnie Raitt's description of Mavis Staples as a live performer. Forget St. John's wort-- …
- Tom: "...lucinda williams recorded enough material for another album" - better late than never this strike of wisdom.