New Whitney Duncan Album In Works; Miley Cyrus Has Death Threats and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Announce Gospel Album
Whitney Duncan, fresh off her Survivor experience, has taken to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a new album called Where The Back Roads Run. “This is so fun for me, because I can make the record I want to make! I really hope ya’ll are as excited about this project as I am…it was [...]
New Johnny Cash Releases Due Out in Spring; Rodney Atkins Cleared of Domestic Assault Charge; Merle Haggard Back in Action
After battling pneumonia last month, Merle Haggard plans to get back on the road starting February 28. From the press release: “I’m feeling good and ready to get back on the bus. Thanks to all for their powerful prayers that led to my speedy recovery. I’m rehearsing with the band and looking forward to playin’ [...]
Reba Concert Special to Premiere on GAC; Stringdusters New Album Due in March; The Dos and Don’ts of Covering Dylan
Reba’s filmed a concert special called All the Woman I Am that is scheduled to premiere on GAC March 17. Noel Murray of the A.V. Club takes a look at the recent compilation Chimes of Freedom and delivers dos and don’ts of covering Bob Dylan. An excerpt: Maybe this is Rick Rubin and Johnny Cash’s [...]
Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation Launches New Campaign; Martina McBride Plans Theater Tour; New Music Videos
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert performed “America the Beautiful” at last night’s Super Bowl. Billy Ray Cyrus has agreed to a deal with Amazon.com’s publishing division and will put out a book titled Hillbilly Heart sometime in 2013. USA Today has an exclusive video interview with Dierks Bentley where he talks about (and sings) a [...]
On February 3, 1959, exactly 53 years ago today, a small plane carrying three of America’s biggest music artists went down in bad weather just outside of Clear Lake, Iowa. Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson all would perish in what would become known as The Day the Music Died. [...]
Blake and Reba to Return as ACM Awards Hosts; Grascals Sign with Mountain Home; Download New Justin Townes Earle Song
Download the lead single and title track of Justin Townes Earle’s upcoming album Nothing’s Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now. Kelly Dearmore interviewed Darrell Scott about his new album and his work with Robert Plant. Here Scott answers the question of what Americana music means to him: I love that Americana is [...]
Check out the Chieftains/Pistol Annies collaboration on “Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies” from the Chieftains’ upcoming 50th anniversary album, Voice of Ages. The Carolina Chocolate Drops’ new album, Leaving Eden, will be released on February 28. Loretta Lynn postponed her first two shows of the year to give her a few more weeks [...]
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Founder Passes Away; Brad Paisley Teams Up with John Fogerty; Free Music from Hayes Carll
Warren Hellman, philanthropist and founder of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, passed away last night at the age of 77 due to complications from leukemia. Taylor Swift and Scotty McCreery were two of the artists who got spoofed in this SNL sketch. News has come out that soulful Etta James is in terminally ill in the last [...]
Jason Isbell’s Van and Gear Stolen; Doyle Bramhall Sr. Passes Away; Jennifer Nettles Considers Solo Record
Phil Vassar will have a brand new Christmas album called Noel available on November 22. The 10-cut collection on RodeoWave Entertainment includes five original songs and five holiday classics. “I love the way Christmas makes you feel,” says Vassar. “How it makes you slow down and re-evaluate your life. It makes you think about years [...]
Keith Urban to Undergo Throat Surgery; Larry Cordle Plans New Project; Give Me the Banjo Airs Tonight
Later this month, Keith Urban will undergo throat surgery to remove a polyp from his vocal cords. He’s planning on honoring pre-existing single song commitments, but other appearances and lengthier performances (including his All for the Hall fundraiser) will be postponed and rescheduled in 2012. Chet Flippo’s newest Nashville Skyline column is all about Vince [...]
- Jon: Jack Bernhardt is the bomb.
- Bruce: Good article on Rucker. I do not care for all his songs and he is far from my favorite. I ...
- Kelly D.: Dig the Whiskey Sisters and the write-up from ol' Jim C.
- Bruce: "Why do people talk about the authenticity and/or genuineness of others with whom they’ve had no direct, normal social interaction ...
- Luckyoldsun: Hank III says "Old Junior once said it best,"--Is that some sort of rapprochement in the Williams family soap opera? It's ...
- Joan Harrison: Hi, My husband and I really enjoy watching your show each week. You had a recipe on for pork ...
- Jon: "@Both Kinds Of Music – Your point is?" It is a little opaque, isn't it?
- BRUCE: @Both Kinds Of Music - Your point is? BTW, I love Rucker's "Wagon Wheel" version. Gotta love Strait. I wished Swift would ...
- Luckyoldsun: Jonny Boy, Are you really as angry about this as you come off?--This has to be an act. I have no problem ...
- Barry Mazor: I'm not personally offended in the least, luckyducky, I also find discussing things with you an utter waste of time ...