For years the Country Music Hall of Fame was caught in the position where many deserving performers had died off before their turn for induction arrived. This was mostly due to the Hall’s practice of electing only one new member per year (and in at least one year, electing no one). By the time the […]
Blue Highway – Through the Window of a Train If Dierks Bentley ever makes a bluegrass album, and I suspect that he will, it would sound a lot like this. The Dierksache may not much resemble Tim Stafford’s high lonesome, but Through the Window of a Train finds this veteran bluegrass group crooning a self-penned […]
How do you write a tribute to someone you love? If there was a formula, would it really be a fitting tribute? – Brody What country singer had Big & Rich in their video? The duo appeared in the video for Billy Joe Shaver’s “Live Forever” and even took part in vocal duties. (watch on […]
Twangville claims that Emotionalism from The Avett Brothers is a “great addition to the Avett catalog and is arguably their best yet.” Fans of Cledus T. Judd can celebrate with the announcement of his upcoming tribute to Ray Stevens, Boogity, Boogity — A Tribute to the Comedic Genius of Ray Stevens. The album is due […]
If you’ve ever wanted to know more about Stoney LaRue than what you can gather from seeing him live, then head over to Texas Music Times. They’ve got a list of ten facts that most people probably don’t know about the guy. Fact #2–Female rejection was the source of his first-ever composition. “I sang ‘Walk […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …