For years the Country Music Hall of Fame was caught in the position where many deserving performers had died off before their turn for induction arrived. This was mostly due to the Hall’s practice of electing only one new member per year (and in at least one year, electing no one). By the time the […]
Blue Highway – Through the Window of a Train If Dierks Bentley ever makes a bluegrass album, and I suspect that he will, it would sound a lot like this. The Dierksache may not much resemble Tim Stafford’s high lonesome, but Through the Window of a Train finds this veteran bluegrass group crooning a self-penned […]
How do you write a tribute to someone you love? If there was a formula, would it really be a fitting tribute? – Brody What country singer had Big & Rich in their video? The duo appeared in the video for Billy Joe Shaver’s “Live Forever” and even took part in vocal duties. (watch on […]
Twangville claims that Emotionalism from The Avett Brothers is a “great addition to the Avett catalog and is arguably their best yet.” Fans of Cledus T. Judd can celebrate with the announcement of his upcoming tribute to Ray Stevens, Boogity, Boogity — A Tribute to the Comedic Genius of Ray Stevens. The album is due […]
If you’ve ever wanted to know more about Stoney LaRue than what you can gather from seeing him live, then head over to Texas Music Times. They’ve got a list of ten facts that most people probably don’t know about the guy. Fact #2–Female rejection was the source of his first-ever composition. “I sang ‘Walk […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …