The IBMA Award nominees were announced last night. The full list of nominations can be found here. Hall of Fame inductees: The Seldom Scene (original lineup), Neil Rosenberg Album of the Year: Junior Sisk & Joe Mullins – Hall of Fame Bluegrass; Del McCoury Band – Streets of Baltimore; Noam Pikelny – Noam Pikelny Plays […]
Haggard Salutes Buddy Holly; Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer to Release New Album; Free Lera Lynn Download
Ray Benson played “Hot Like That” for American Songwriter. Listen to “High Life,” from Brad Paisley’s Moonshine in the Trunk. Paisley, Vince Gill, Charlie Worsham, and Sara Evans are among the guests who appear on the Doobie Brothers’ next record, Southbound, which comes out November 4. Billy Joe Shaver did another entertaining interview, this one […]
Robert Gordon Announces New Record; Willie Sings About Greenhouse Gases; Joe Purdy Releases Eagle Rock Fire
The title track to Lee Ann Womack’s forthcoming record, The Way I’m Livin’, sounds mighty fine. Our Facebook pal Sam pointed out that the song has also been recorded by Swedish country band Abalone Dots. CMT Edge premiered Nikki Lane’s new video. Nathan Salsburg wrote an article for the Oxford American on the drool-inducing box […]
A little over ten years ago, Ray Benson took off his mantle as front man for Asleep at the Wheel and put out his first solo album, Beyond Time, a fitting title for a record full of tunes that ranged from jazz and pop to blues and funk; that album allowed Benson a chance to […]
Ameripolitan Award Winners Announced; Trisha Yearwood Plans Album, Cookbook; Nickel Creek Debuts New Song
W.S. Holland, Rosie Flores, Elizabeth Cook, Ray Benson, and Dawn Sears took home trophies at the inaugural Ameripolitan Music Awards last night. Saving Country Music’s got a full list of the winners and a live blog of the evening. Vince Gill received the 2014 Country Radio Broadcasters’ Career Achievement Award. Trisha Yearwood (who’s kicking off […]
Missed an album release yesterday: Kandia Crazy Horse’s Stampede. Aussie singer-songwriter Catherine Britt has signed with Universal’s Lost Highway imprint. Hope this means we’ll get a new record from her later in the year. Phew, Ashley Monroe says the Pistol Annies haven’t broken up. They’re all focusing on new solo records right now. Sarah Jarosz was […]
Steven Fromholz, a Texas Poet Laureate whose songs were recorded by Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Jerry Jeff Walker, and others, died in a hunting accident on Sunday. He was 68. Cumberland River has broken up. Bandleader Jamie Dean plans to release a solo album in the future. (via press release) Stream Laura Cantrell’s new album, […]
New Rodney Crowell Album Due 4/15; Trace Adkins Enters Rehab; 20 Feet from Stardom Nominated for Oscar
Rodney Crowell’s next record, Tarpaper Sky, will be released on New West Records April 15. (via press release) Geoffrey Himes wrote a Nashville Scene feature on Ray Benson, whose first solo album comes out next week. Trace Adkins is entering rehab after falling off the wagon (he’d been sober for 12 years). According to TMZ, […]
Austin to Host iHeartRadio Country Festival; William Hurt Cast in Gregg Allman Biopic; Gill & Franklin to Play Leno
Rolling Stone premiered new Drive-By Truckers song “Pauline Hawkins” from the band’s forthcoming record, English Oceans. T Bone Burnett talks about his current projects and new label, Electromagnetic Recordings, in this interview posted on Variety.com. Sharon Jones, who’s been battling cancer, is bald and beautiful in the new video for “Stranger to My Happiness.” A.J. […]
Trisha, Martina Cancel SeaWorld Performances; Steve Earle to Host Songwriting Camp; New Music Videos
Yesterday afternoon, Ray Price’s son, Cliff, posted to Facebook that his father had passed. However, Ray’s wife, Janie, refuted that statement, posting that while her husband was faltering, he was still alive. The Texas Music Scene with Ray Benson did a nice little video profile of Price. John Mellencamp has written 85 songs to choose from for his next project and […]
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.