A&E Picks Up Country Music Reality Show; New Buck Owens Compilation and Book Due in November; HoF to Open Terri Clark Exhibit
Out November 5 on Omnivore Recordings: Buck ‘Em! The Music of Buck Owens (1955-1967). The two-disc collection will be released as a companion to Buck ’Em! The Autobiography of Buck Owens by Buck Owens with Randy Poe. A&E has picked up the reality series Crazy Hearts: Nashville. A premiere date has not been determined; however, the show “will […]
With some albums, it’s easy to sit still, letting the music wash slowly over you while pondering—or rolling your eyes at—the lyrics. You can’t sit still with The Mavericks’ new album, their first studio album in ten years. In the immortal words of Steve Alaimo’s song, “Where the Action Is,” the raucous rhythms of this […]
Museum of Broadcast Communications to Celebrate National Barn Dance; Ron Davies Tribute Record Due in March; Album Releases
Garth Brooks, Shelby Lynne, and The Oak Ridge Boys have been added to the list of artists who will appear George Jones’ final Nashville concert. On March 23, the Museum of Broadcast Communications will “celebrate the 89th anniversary of The National Barn Dance radio show in the actual historic WLS studio…The special event will feature […]
Dozens of classic country, bluegrass, and rock ‘n’ roll songs reference atomic bombs, including “Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb,” “There’s a Power Greater Than Atomic,” Hawkshaw Hawkins’ “When They Found the Atomic Power,” Chris Cerf’s “Fallout Filly,” and, of course, Wanda Jackson’s “Fujiyama Mama,” to name just a few. Here are five more. 5. Red Foley […]
EPs seem to have grown in popularity this year, as several artists released fun-sized albums. Here are a few of our favorites. What were yours? Honorable Mentions that barely missed the Top 5: Punch Brothers, Ahoy; Brent Cobb, Brent Cobb; Dierks Bentley, Country & Cold Cans; Julie Roberts, Covered; Zoe Muth & The Lost High […]
Just in case you don’t like your Christmas season as warm and fuzzy as those slippers you received last year from Aunt Frieda and Uncle Milton, we have a solution. Two years ago, back in our The 9513 days, we did a double-wide edition of our Friday Five that included all the songs that really would […]
As we go into October, the mornings become cool and crisp around the country. The fall leaves turn to beautiful golds, yellows, oranges and reds. We start to see frost on the grass and the days begin to shorten. The air just seems fresher. We get to break out the cozy sweaters and comforting jackets […]
Second Round of CMA Awards Performers Announced; Oct. 5th New Releases; Blake Shelton Preps Hits Album
Hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood were announced as performers for the Nov. 10th CMA Awards. Rounding out the list in this second announcement of performers were Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, Sugarland, and George Strait. After six years and four albums together, The Grascals and Rounder split ways. If you watched the new […]
Jamey Johnson Debuts On Top; Justin Townes Earle Enters Rehab; It’s A Top 15 Game; Free Marty Stuart
Jamey Johnson‘s The Guitar Song debuted at the top of Billboard‘s Top Country Albums chart with nearly 63,000 copies sold. Multi-instrumentalist and songwriter Mike Henderson on writing for The SteelDrivers: There’s so much freedom in writing for this band, and we don’t have to have the slightest bit of worry about country radio, so the […]
A lot can happen in a year. For Texas singer/songwriter Jamie Wilson, the list of accomplishments since 2009 is pretty impressive. She’s been a major force in the creation and release of three major projects: her debut record as a solo artist, the debut record of The Trishas (of which she is one of the […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.