IBMA Award Winners Announced; Reba Won’t Return to Host 2013 ACM Awards; Mumford and Sons on Pace for 2012′s Biggest Debut Week
The IBMA Awards were held yesterday. Congratulations to the winners: Bluegrass Hall of Fame Inductees: Doyle Lawson, Ralph Rinzler Distinguished Achievement Award Recipients: Byron Berline, Joe & Lil Cornett, Orin Friesen, Pee Wee Lambert, Kitsy Kuykendall Entertainer of the Year: The Gibson Brothers Vocal Group of the Year: Blue Highway Instrumental Group of the Year: […]
IBMA Award Nominees Announced; Ashton Shepherd and MCA Nashville Part Ways; Trampled By Turtles Cover Springsteen
IBMA Award nominations were announced last night. The entire list of nominees, along with the names of two new Hall of Fame inductees (Ralph Rinzler and Doyle Lawson) can be found here. It appears that Ashton Shepherd and MCA Nashville have parted ways. The JaneDear Girls have split. Barry Mazor wrote about The Mountain Music […]
The Country Music Association donated its largest sum ($1,066,632) to Nashville public schools yet through its “Keep the Music Playing” campaign. The Infamous Stringdusters have a new album, Things That Fly, planned for an April release. Danny Balis‘ song “Tethered” came in at No. 24 on DC9 At Night’s list of the best songs in […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."