Jamey Johnson is joining Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp, Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews for the Farm Aid music festival in New England on Sept. 20. Maybe this will end up being the first step towards a Jamey Johnson and Willie Nelson studio collaboration. Or maybe I’ll just keep on dreaming my dreams. Keeping […]
Born in Glendale, Arizona as Martin David Robison in 1925, Marty Robbins spent his childhood idolizing Gene Autry and the cowboy way. “I wanted to be Gene Autry,” he once said. “I wanted to ride off into the sunset.” His penchant for the the Old West was further fed by romanticized stories told by his […]
Keith Urban has partnered with a company to help make his t-shirts more environmentally-friendly by being partially made from recycled plastic bottles. At the same time, Kenny Chesney says his tour requires 55 trucks and 28 buses to make everything work. Who didn’t see this one coming years ago? Dolly Parton postponed her tour, citing […]
A local Austin news station obtained a copy of the episode from the “Sam and Bob Morning Show” that co-host Sam Allred was fired for. Below is the sequence that apparently led to his punishment: Sammy: “If you knew what it was, why did you call and ask?” Bob: “It’s not until this coming weekend.” […]
There was one more ghost than usual in the wings of the Ryman Auditorium on Monday night. Less than 24 hours after the passing of their brother in the Hall of Fame and Grand Ole Opry, new Hall of Fame Members Vince Gill, Mel Tillis and Ralph Emery took the stage at the Ryman Auditorium […]
Wanting to work where no one would bother them, Gary Allan and songwriters Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackman visited the jungles of Costa Rica for a week. Peter Cooper has a synopsis of the Country Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Ralph Emery, Vince Gill, and Mel Tillis. Asked is he still considers himself […]
As has been previously reported, the induction of the newest members to the Country Music Hall of Fame will not be aired on the CMA Awards, nor are there plans to even mention them on the three hour broadcast, all under the guise that there isn’t time to do them justice. What a cop out […]
All the big news outlets are reporting on the induction of Mel Tillis, Vince Gill, and Ralph Emery into the Country Music Hall of Fame, but The Tennessean has the best coverage so far. Peter Cooper writes that Tillis was in his garden and fumbled his eggplant when he heard the news, while Emery was […]
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …