Neil Young and Crazy Horse premiered six new songs at their recent Albuquerque show. On October 16, Big Machine will release a Christmas compilation album that will benefit the Special Olympics. Check out “How Do You Ruin Me,” a new song from Americana group Black Prairie. Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson have a new video for […]
One of our favorite Texans, Radney Foster, turns 53 today. Numerous country artists, including Sara Evans, The Mavericks, and Brooks & Dunn have recorded songs that Foster has written or co-written over the years. Here are five of my favorites. 5. The Kinleys – “I’m In” Whether it’s Foster’s 1998 original with Abra Moore or […]
Willie Nelson, Pistol Annies to Perform at CMT Awards; Tim McGraw to Give Homes to Veterans; Keller Williams and The Travelin’ McCourys Team Up for New Album
The Country Music Association announced that the 46th Annual CMA Awards will be held on November 1 and broadcast live on ABC. Patsy Montana’s “I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart” is another country music song being added to the Library of Congress’ National Recording Registry. Willie Nelson, The Pistol Annies, The Band Perry, Hank […]
Radney Foster Helps Veterans; The Band Perry and Blake Shelton to Perform with Glen Campbell at Grammys; Bellamy Brothers Robbed
Here is a fine piece written by Chris Richards of the Washington Post about veterans healing through music with a little help from artists like Radney Foster and Darden Smith. Go get a free download of singer-songwriter-banjoman Kyle James Hauser’s folk-pop tune “Hopeless,” which also features cellist Ben Sollee. The Band Perry and Blake Shelton […]
If you’re a fan of live music, chances are that you’ve got a list of regrets – acts that you never got to see in concert, and now it’s too late. I’ve got more than a few names on that list, chief of which was Foster and Lloyd. Their debut album was the first cassette […]
On January 27-28, Radney Foster will celebrate the 20th anniversary of his album Del Rio, Texas 1959 by performing the album from top to bottom with his band, along with other hits and a new song. The subsequent live album, Del Rio Revisited: Live At the Paul Poag Theater, will be released in Spring 2012. […]
Travis Tritt dropped out of a benefit concert for Joplin, Missouri tornado relief efforts because his expenses would have been covered by donations: “It is inappropriate and wrong to take contributions that were given to help victims of the tornadoes and use that money for any other purpose,” Tritt wrote [on his Facebook page]. “I […]
Having already announced a new major-label album forthcoming on the Warner music label, Dwight Yoakam will have some new news to share shortly. Rumors are flying around Hollywood that Yoakam will be the bad guy opposite Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in Gore Verbinski’s upcoming Lone Ranger flick. Singer-songwriter Bill Morrissey passed away. The […]
In yesterday’s roundup we forgot to list a new edition of Country California’s always excellent Quotable Country. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are returning as CMA Awards hosts. This year’s awards show will be held November 9. Rural Rhythm Records is packing up and moving from the Los Angeles area to Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. Says […]
By now, there’s not a recording artist, country or otherwise, who hasn’t heard that we’re in a new era — fundamentally, a singles era. They’ve all heard how CD album chart leaders are topping those charts with lower sales figures than anyone can remember. And they’ve all heard horror stories (as have followers of The […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.