If you’re a fan of live music, chances are that you’ve got a list of regrets – acts that you never got to see in concert, and now it’s too late. I’ve got more than a few names on that list, chief of which was Foster and Lloyd. Their debut album was the first cassette […]
On January 27-28, Radney Foster will celebrate the 20th anniversary of his album Del Rio, Texas 1959 by performing the album from top to bottom with his band, along with other hits and a new song. The subsequent live album, Del Rio Revisited: Live At the Paul Poag Theater, will be released in Spring 2012. […]
Travis Tritt dropped out of a benefit concert for Joplin, Missouri tornado relief efforts because his expenses would have been covered by donations: “It is inappropriate and wrong to take contributions that were given to help victims of the tornadoes and use that money for any other purpose,” Tritt wrote [on his Facebook page]. “I […]
Having already announced a new major-label album forthcoming on the Warner music label, Dwight Yoakam will have some new news to share shortly. Rumors are flying around Hollywood that Yoakam will be the bad guy opposite Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in Gore Verbinski’s upcoming Lone Ranger flick. Singer-songwriter Bill Morrissey passed away. The […]
In yesterday’s roundup we forgot to list a new edition of Country California’s always excellent Quotable Country. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are returning as CMA Awards hosts. This year’s awards show will be held November 9. Rural Rhythm Records is packing up and moving from the Los Angeles area to Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. Says […]
I’m not the type of person who travels 2700 miles for a concert. The best part about living in DC is that nearly all genres of music can be found just a short walk or Metro ride away. But on Monday, I found myself flying cross-country to Sacramento for the third annual Golf & Guitars […]
Whether real or imaginary, the figure of the angel has wormed its way into all facets of country music. From church pews to bar stools, you just can’t escape these heavenly helpers…or the real life folks who may just look angelic. The list of potential songs for this month’s playlist was quite lengthy, but after […]
- Barry Mazor: The categories for this year, the schedule says, Daniel, are, as every year, Modern era (ending 20 years back for …
- Daniel Mullins: Mr. Mazor- In your opinion, who do you think will be/should be inducted into the Hall on April 22nd?
- Barry Mazor: My own suggestion would be that it probably wouldn't pay off to read those sorts of things into Kyle Young's …
- A.B.: Barry's article was good. The quote from Mr Young mentioning Ralph Stanley is making me speculate though. He was probably …
- Janice Brooks: got this album early this morning and added Frankie Please for now.
- Daniel Mullins: I agree 100%. This is definitely one of Croweel's strongest albums. You can't help but feel more confident about yourself …
- Juli Thanki: David, yep, I'd say it's his best since The Houston Kid; though I think I like the songwriting on here …
- henry: He has a great story about "Fever on the Bayou," which I'm sure he told you about how long the …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: Incredible album, exceptional review. Totally agree that this is his finest work in more than a decade.
- David Cantwell: I can't wait to hear this, Juli. Just curious... When you say his best in more than a decade, I'm …