Dolly Parton Withdraws from Planned Water Park; Tracy Lawrence Honored with Humanitarian Award; New Music Videos
On her blog, “Me and Emily” singer Rachel Proctor outlined her struggles over the last four and a half months. She suffered a postpartum hemorrhage following the birth of her daughter Olivia, who was born with a life-threatening heart defect. From her latest post: “At one point I heard the nurse say my blood pressure […]
Andy Griffith passed away at the age of 86. Here he is picking a few on (with a couple impressive backing bands) The Andy Griffith Show. WAMU’s Bluegrass Country is remembering Tom “Cat” Reeder at noon Eastern today – the program will be rebroadcast at 9 p.m. on WAMU 88.5 (folks outside of the DC area can listen here.) […]
To celebrate what would have been his 80th birthday this past weekend, TIME released a bunch of previously unreleased Johnny Cash photographs. David Allan Coe and Hank Williams III are collaborating on a new music project. George Strait had to cancel a concert two songs into a show in Kansas City. Take a listen to […]
Did Dierks Bentley rip off Jason Isbell’s “In a Razor Town” with “Home,” his most recent single? Isbell accused him of doing so on Twitter this weekend, while Dierks fired back with a link to an interview with one of the co-writers, Dan Wilson, that talks about the creation of “Home.” Emily West will be […]
Rachel Proctor was born in West Virginia almost quite literally into music. She began singing in front of crowds at the ripe old age of six and traveled all over the country to participate in talent competitions–culminating in her starring on the American Idol of 1989, the hit TV show Star Search. At 18, Proctor […]
With just one Top 20 hit to her country career, Jewel is in need of a song that provides that little boost, that spark, to get her solidly entrenched in radio playlists. The lead track on Sweet & Wild, “No Good in Goodbye,” could be that song. Kicking off with drums and guitars with banjo […]
Juli Thanki One More For The Road by Adam Steffey The past few months have been pretty rough on the wallets of bluegrass fans, with stellar releases coming from the Del McCoury Band, Steep Canyon Rangers, and Ricky Skaggs. But for my money, the best bluegrass record of the past few months—maybe all year—is Adam […]
Steve Martin is headed to the Ryman Auditorium on Oct. 11. He’ll be performing with The Steep Canyon Rangers in An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo. Tickets go on sale next Friday (July 31). Two Tons of Steel (MySpace) will release their new album, Not That Lucky, on August 18. (via press release) John Dawson, […]
- SunsetPark: As a Pennsylvanian to this day, thanks for the list. I haven't heard the Quecreek song and so can't …
- Paul W Dennis: I would urge readers to check out the Billy Edd Wheeler salute on October 18, 2014. Billy Edd Wheeler is …
- Leeann Ward: I'm really liking Pink's folk duo song! I'm looking forward to the album!
- Donald: LOS, you made me giggle. Thank you.
- luckyoldsun: An in related news, an E.P.A. inspector is preparing to slap the cuffs on Nancy Jones tomorrow.
- luckyoldsun: Looks like old Lynn is not done saying "I beg your pardon..."
- luckyoldsun: And I hear that Pretty Boy Floyd wasn't exactly the gentleman eulogized by Woody Guthrie (and that he didn't set …
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jeremy, I wish you the very best of luck with the release. Your moderator pick is a fine one.
- Jeremy Dylan: That FTM playlist is a grand way to spend an afternoon. SHAMELESS PLUG Btw, any Engine145 readers in Nashville on Monday night, …
- David Cantwell: Amen, Brother Barry.