In addition to releasing his own solo records and projects with his wife Julie, Buddy Miller is one of the most in-demand musicians in American roots music. Chances are that even if you don’t own any of his own records, you have at least half a dozen albums in your collection featuring his singing or […]
Martina McBride Rides the Rails; Del McCoury to Release Bill Monroe Tribute Record; Infamous Stringdusters Host Online Listening Party
George Strait’s “Here For a Good Time” became his 84th Top 10 single, while the album of the same name became his 24th #1. Cool cat and former Blue Grass Boy Del McCoury has a Bill Monroe tribute record scheduled for digital release on September 27 (vinyl will be released October 25). Gretchen Peters posted […]
New Gretchen Peters Album; Willie Nelson to Agricultural Hall of Fame; Bucky Covington Accused of Theft
Hello Cruel World, Gretchen Peters’ first solo record in four years, will be released in early 2012. The album features a duet with Rodney Crowell and guest appearances by Kim Richey, Viktor Krauss, and Will Kimbrough. It contains 11 original songs written by Peters, including collaborations with Matraca Berg, Suzy Bogguss, and Tom Russell. Sara […]
Congratulations to Wade, who won our Donna Ulisse CD giveaway! Wade, keep your eyes posted for an email. News from Rosanne Cash, via Twitter: Stop tweeting me. I have to go to work. I have to have all songs written by end of August to begin recording in October. #IBuriedTheLede Barry Mazor on Rodney Crowell […]
Bluegrass and Dixieland jazz may, upon first glance, seem rather different from one another, but they do have several common traits, such as a shared love of improvisation. In addition, as their names suggest, both genres grew out of specific regions and remain linked to those regions and their people. These shared characteristics are part […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …