Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Stream A.J. Croce, Scott H. Biram Albums; CMA Foundation Donates $1 Million for Music Education; Deadly Gentlemen Release New Video
Stream A.J. Croce’s 12 Tales, out next Tuesday on Compass Records. Scott H. Biram’s new record, Nothin’ But Blood, is streaming at The A.V. Club. Blake Shelton will perform at a benefit concert for injured veterans on Friday in New York. The event will stream online at Pepsi.com. Jason Isbell played a few for Relix. […]
Stream There Will be Nights When I’m Lonely, the new album from one-man band Possessed by Paul James, at Saving Country Music. Mandy Barnett will release I Can’t Stop Loving You: The Songs of Don Gibson, through Cracker Barrel on November 11. Tracks include “Sweet Dreams,” “Oh, Lonesome Me,” and “I Can’t Stop Loving You.” […]
Dolly Parton was involved in a car accident yesterday and sustained “minor injuries.” An official release date for her next album, Blue Smoke, hasn’t been announced yet, but we’ll keep you posted. On The Queen Latifah Show yesterday, Parton performed a song from her upcoming Lifetime Christmas movie. The 2013 CMA Broadcast Awards winners were […]
For ten months of the year, the one-man band Possessed by Paul James is Mr. Wert, a Life Skills teacher at an elementary school in Bourne, Texas. Wert, a captivating live performer and recent recipient of the ExCEL Award for his work with developmentally disabled students, draws from country, blues, folk, and a bit of […]
A&E Picks Up Country Music Reality Show; New Buck Owens Compilation and Book Due in November; HoF to Open Terri Clark Exhibit
Out November 5 on Omnivore Recordings: Buck ‘Em! The Music of Buck Owens (1955-1967). The two-disc collection will be released as a companion to Buck ’Em! The Autobiography of Buck Owens by Buck Owens with Randy Poe. A&E has picked up the reality series Crazy Hearts: Nashville. A premiere date has not been determined; however, the show “will […]
New Videos from Bettye LaVette and Corb Lund; Green Onions Gets Remastered for 50th Anniversary; Free American Songwriter Sampler
JD McPherson’s newest album, Signs & Signifiers, is available for $2.99 on Amazon this week. Highly recommended for anyone who loves old school rock ‘n’ roll. Glen Campbell played what sounds like a great show at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend. He was joined by artists like Kris Kristofferson, Jackson Browne, and Lucinda Williams. A […]
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …