Missed an album release yesterday: Kandia Crazy Horse’s Stampede. Aussie singer-songwriter Catherine Britt has signed with Universal’s Lost Highway imprint. Hope this means we’ll get a new record from her later in the year. Phew, Ashley Monroe says the Pistol Annies haven’t broken up. They’re all focusing on new solo records right now. Sarah Jarosz was […]
This year’s CMA Awards nominees were announced today. The awards show will be held November 6. Entertainer of the Year: Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Taylor Swift Male Vocalist of the Year: Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban Female Vocalist of the Year: Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood Vocal Duo of the Year: Big […]
David Via was attacked by a stranger over the weekend. He’s facing some serious medical costs and, with a broken jaw, he’ll be unable to perform for some time. Bluegrass Today has information on how you can help. The CMA Music Festival crowd was underwhelmed by Lenny Kravitz. The Pistol Annies have canceled their upcoming […]
Songwriters: Hunter Hayes, Lori McKenna, Troy Verges There has been a whole lot of crazy being sent to country radio stations lately. Tyler Farr offered up “Redneck Crazy,” which, if the song is any indication, is completely different from regular old crazy. “Girls are Crazy,” from Joanna Smith, stands out in a year where the […]
Songwriter and comedian Don Bowman passed away on Wednesday at the age of 75. (h/t Janice Brooks) Earlier this week, a plaque was placed at Nashville’s Woodlawn Cemetery to announce the forthcoming construction of a George Jones monument. CMT posted My Darling Clementine’s Possum tribute, “The Gospel According to George.” The Defibulators’ new video premiered […]
Willie Nelson’s CMT Crossroads Episode to Premiere 6/23; Daniel Patrick Joins The Roys; Dolly Parton Remains Excellent
Blake Shelton’s Healing in the Heartland benefit was last night. Here he is singing “Home” with Usher. Nine Bullets premiered Fifth on the Floor’s “January in Louisiana” video. Here’s a very entertaining Todd Snider interview in which he says that he’s thinking about doing three albums this coming year. Andrew Clayman wrote a feature on The […]
Ray Price Hospitalized for Severe Dehydration; New Dierks Bentley Record Due in Fall; Album Releases
Ray Price was hospitalized for severe dehydration. But, as he posted on his Facebook page, he’s receiving fluids and feeling better. Dierks Bentley’s next album, Riser, will be released this fall. Stream You Don’t Know Me: Rediscovering Eddy Arnold, a new tribute record featuring Pokey LaFarge, Mandy Barnett, Chuck Mead, and more. Lee Ann Womack, […]
Sunny Sweeney Signs with Thirty Tigers; ABC Cancels Malibu Country, Renews Nashville; New Music Videos
Sunny Sweeney has gotten a new record deal with Thirty Tigers after parting ways with Big Machine/Republic Nashville Records last year. (via press release) Hunter Hayes, Pistol Annies, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, and Taylor Swift will perform at the CMT Awards on June 5. Reba McEntire’s Malibu County television series was canceled by ABC. […]
Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman Return 6/20; RIAA to Count Digital Streams Toward Gold & Platinum Certification; Hellbound Glory Announces Tour Dates
The Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman concert series kicks off June 20. Vince Gill, Ralph Stanley, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, and The Gibson Brothers are among this year’s performers. “Always: Singing the Legacy of Patsy Cline,” a tribute concert at the Country Music Hall of Fame, will be streamed online Saturday afternoon. Brenda Lee, Jan […]
Vince Gill Performs with Boston Pops; Shovels & Rope to Release O’ Be Joyful Deluxe Edition; New Valerie Smith, Black Lillies Videos
Producer and Canadian Country Music Hall of Famer Bill Langstroth passed away yesterday at the age of 81. Connie Smith, Bobby Bare, and Sleepy Man Banjo Boys are among the artists who’ll be playing Marty Stuart’s Late Night Jam on June 5 at the Ryman. See any familiar faces in Pistol Annies’ “Hush Hush” video? […]
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …