LeAnn Rimes and her husband split. On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.” Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend. Watch the new video for Lee Ann […]
Craig Morgan rags on Blake Shelton in a new video that shows him reading a poem he wrote in response to a poem Shelton wrote earlier this year poking fun at his hair. In one line of the poem Morgan reads, “Don’t be discouraged when your girlfriend sells more records than you. I mean seriously, […]
Chet Flippo recapped Alan Jackson‘s free 20th anniversary concert at Cadillac Ranch on Wednesday night. He also recapped Jackson’s career in his latest Nashville Skyline column. Gretchen Wilson played a handful of new songs during her opening set at CMA Music Fest and told the audience that she expects a late summer release for her […]
Guitarist, producer and songwriter Stephen Bruton, who played with Kris Kristofferson for 17 years, lost the battle to throat cancer over the weekend. He was 60. Austin Music Source’s Michael Corcoran says Bonnie Raitt mentioned Stephen Bruton after almost every song during her concert at the Bass Concert Hall on Sunday. It’s been a rough […]
In a campaign designed to capitalize on the popularity of country music among their customers, Red Roof Inn enlisted the help of Little Big Town and Phil Vassar to record wake-up calls and hold messages for guests. The goal for the hotel is to become the hotel of fans and of bands, while the campaign […]
The Americana Music Association announced yesterday that John Hiatt will receive their lifetime achievement award for songwriting, which will be presented to him during the Sept. 18 awards show at the Ryman Auditorium. Past winners include Willie Nelson, Rodney Crowell, Guy Clark, Cowboy Jack Clement, John Prine and Billy Joe Shaver. Aside from his forthcoming […]
A whole slew of performers were added to the lineup for the CMA Music Festival, including everybody’s favorite Celebrity Apprentice, Trace Adkins. The lineup also sees Randy Travis returning after a decade long absence. Do Lyle Lovett and Australian pop singer Ben Lee look alike? Sixty-eight percent of the voters at Spinner see at least […]
In their latest crop of reviews The Austin Chronicle stamps three stars apiece on The Derailers – Under the Influence of Buck, Dale Watson – The Little Darlin’ Sessions, and Sam Baker – Pretty World. Judging from all the glowing reviews for The Little Darlin’ Sessions you wouldn’t know why Dale Watson protested its release. […]
Are we finally going to stop pretending that Phil Vassar is a country artist? While Phil has written some of the greatest contemporary pop-country hits and the open-minded may accept most of his singles into the country fold, anyone who has attended one of his frat-boy rock live shows can recognize that Vassar is more […]
Porter Wagoner is recording an album produced by Marty Stuart with a song that Johnny Cash gave him. Yes, it’s true. The Tennessean reports that while Marty Stuart was touring with Johnny Cash in 1981 Cash gave him the song and told him to give it to Porter. Stuart says he remembered it this year […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.