Laura Cantrell recommends the Bessie-Smith-meets-Coon-Creek-Girls foursome The Roulette Sisters. Billy Currington: Soulman. Blake Shelton has been deemed an acceptable crossover artist by the New York Times and New York magazine, says Chet Flippo in his newest column. Hayes Carll on prison gangs and his very first cassette tape (Kenny Rogers). Roots rockers The Von Ehrics […]
Could the parking at Stagecoach be any more hellish than it was last year? Yep, turns out it could. I remember an equation from high school physics that went: rate multiplied by time equals distance. As we closed in on that last mile between us and parking, we were covering something like one city block […]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson […]
In 2009, we asked a number of country artists for their answer to the question “What is country music?” Here is an anthology of their answers. What is country music? “Well, I’m a traditional country artist. I always have been and I always will be. I love it so much—I always have—that when you speak […]
Last.fm Top Artists The 9513 group members apparently worked music into their holiday celebrations somehow, as the numbers don’t show any kind of a drop from previous weeks. Brad Paisley closes out the year at #1 with 31 listeners. Far behind, with 26, were Trisha Yearwood and Miranda Lambert at #2. Rascal Flatts makes a […]
Jeff Bridges received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance in Crazy Heart, which also netted Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett nods for best original song for “The Weary Kind.” Sarah Jarosz recently dropped by the KUT studios to record some old favorites and a few new tunes. Listen to new tune “Come Around” […]
Phil Vassar, the singer, has charted 19 singles on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs charts, including “Just Another Day in Paradise” and “In a Real Love,” which both made it all the way up to #1. Phil Vassar, the songwriter, has written a number of smash singles for other artists including Tim McGraw’s “For a Little […]
Charges Against John Rich Dropped; Banjo Man Allen Shelton Passed Away; Reckless Kelly Plans New Record
A Nashville judge dismissed assault and harassment charges levied by Jared Ashley against John Rich. New releases for the week of November 24, 2009 include: Drew Kennedy – An Audio Guide to Cross Country Travel Lone Star Music (CD order) | MySpace Jimmy Wayne – Sara Smile Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Trent Tomlinson – […]
Songwriters: Charlie Black, Bobby Fischer, Phil Vassar Anna Garrott’s first album came out last year on J&V records, and this is her debut single for Blue Steel Records. Unless you’re heavily into the independent country music scene or are a personal friend/family relation of hers, you’re probably never heard her name until just now. If […]
So Phil Vassar’s whole cross-dressing country song didn’t exactly set the charts ablaze or boost his career into the A-list level of country singers…go figure. With this new single, “Everywhere I Go,” the Vassar team has decided to go the opposite route by releasing a song so familiar that you’ve already heard something just like […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …