Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Dawn Sears Diagnosed with Lung Cancer; Artists Added to George Jones’ Final Nashville Show; First Round of ACM Awards Performers Announced
Guitarist Alvin Lee passed away at the age of 68 due to “unforeseen consequences following a routine surgical procedure.” Please keep Dawn Sears (Time Jumpers), who has been diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer, in your thoughts. Sears is “currently undergoing treatment in Nashville, TN and plans to continue performing at the band’s regular Monday […]
Blues guitarist and singer Hubert Sumlin passed away yesterday. Here is a piece on Sumlin that Barry Mazor wrote for No Depression in 2005. Taylor Swift is the cover girl of Billboard Magazine after they’ve named her Woman of the Year. After winning his first case against Curb allowing him to pursue a music deal […]
Being the gracious guy that he is, Kenny Chesney wanted to give something extra to the fans with his upcoming release, Hemingway’s Whiskey. That something extra will take the form of two bonus tracks and a 30-minute DVD that includes video of an in-depth conversation with Chesney about each of the songs on a Deluxe […]
In case you hadn’t heard, Rascal Flatts signed with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine Records, the home of Taylor Swift. Farce the Music had a few things to say about the new Rascal Flatts album cover. People posted the audio for all six songs on Blake Shelton‘s upcoming “six pak,” All About Tonight. Among the […]
With 34,000 copies sold, the new album from Jerrod Niemann, Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, effectively ending Lady Antebellum‘s six-month streak. The big news revealed during Taylor Swift‘s live web chat on Tuesday is that her third album, titled Speak Now, will be released […]
Most country music artists hope that there’s a certain “buzz” about their career and that their initial songs “fly” up the country charts. But, alas, that’s not the type of fly that we’re chatting about in this Friday Five. We’re talking about Musca Domestica and Coleoptera. If you just got lost, flash back to those […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …