Johnny Cash is dead and his house burned down and he’s the #1 artist in The 9513’s Last.fm group. I’m not sure that any of those events are related, despite what Larry Gatlin may say. It’s no huge surprise that the Man in Black has been at or near the top of the charts for […]
You know that new George Strait record due out in August? Ken Tucker says it will blow your mind. Recorded at Jimmy Buffett’s Shrimp Boat Studios in Key West, Fla., the album includes a song that Strait sings entirely in Spanish, “El Rey,” which is a Mexican standard and was a giant mariachi hit for […]
Josh Turner‘s wife Jennifer gave birth to Colby Lynch Turner, the couple’s second son, last Friday. The Gobblers Knob’s Kelly Dearmore on the new Owen Temple album, Dollars and Dimes: …an artful shot of reality, as told through the memory and perspective of a traveler with perhaps more questions than answers. Drawing on the current […]
Alan Jackson is among 28 recipients chosen to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010. Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson and Randy Travis are among the latest group of targets for honest album covers at Farce the Music. Test your CMT Music Awards and A Star Is Born knowledge in Chet Flippo’s […]
Lorrie Morgan celebrates her 25th anniversary as an Opry member tonight. On the subject of songs that got away, John Anderson admits that he turned down “Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On,” not knowing that it was Conway Twitty who originally sent the song his way. It was a missed opportunity, but he hopes to […]
Universal Republic Records President and CEO Monte Lipman and Big Machine Records President and CEO Scott Borchetta announced the formation of a new label imprint: Republic Nashville. Austin Powell wrote an interesting feature piece about Ryan Bingham for The Austin Chronicle. In it, he notes that Bingham will make his acting debut in the Robert […]
Trace Adkins is scheduled to make a return to Celebrity Apprentice as a special guest on Sunday. Blame it on the economy: The inaugural Camp Nashville has been postponed until 2010. In honor of Mother’s Day, Country Universe’s Dan Milliken put together a special quiz about Mama songs. When you score an interview with Barry […]
Michelle Branch, Sarah Buxton and Jessi Colter are among the women set to perform at the inaugural Chicks with Picks Music Fest on March 21 in Tempe, Ariz. Beginning April 16, Jo Dee Messina will be going on a five-week Music Room Series tour, with acoustic performances and the stories behind her hits. Craig Shelburne […]
Jim Lauderdale, Sam Bush, Nanci Griffith and Foster & Lloyd have been confirmed to perform as part of the Americana Music Association’s ‘Live at The Bluebird Cafe’ series starting in February. Little Big Town announced that bands and musicians can register to compete for an opening slot on the upcoming A Place To Land Tour. […]
Taylor Swift explains her love for Grey’s Anatomy in her latest MySpace blog post, and announces that Fearless will be released with 13 songs. MySpace, in conjunction with the four major labels, launched their new music service today. It allows you to access and listen to a large portion of major artists’ catalogs for free. […]
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...
- Jim Z: Dirty River Boys are from El Paso, Texas.