No Justice is calling it quits after 12 years. The Red Dirt band will play its last shows in late October. George Strait is expected to announce his final tour dates at a press conference (which will be streamed on his website) Monday at noon EDT. On Sunday, Strait will serve as an honorary Dallas […]
After achieving regional success in Texas and Oklahoma, alt-country band No Justice makes a go at national notoriety with an intensity that manifests itself throughout 2nd Avenue, its first play for mainstream success on Dallas-based Carved Records. That fire is apparent across the album’s sonic variety, underlined by lead singer Steve Rice’s talent for bending […]
5. “Bend But Don’t Break” – No Justice This Oklahoma alt-country quintet offers up some important life lessons: “Bend but don’t break/Give before you take/Always look ‘em right in the eye.” Also, put your underpants on before your trousers. That’s not one of the lyrics, but I think it’s good advice. 4. “Another Bender Might […]
Charlie Louvin will turn 83 tomorrow (July 7), but of more pressing concern to the country legend is the recent diagnosis from his doctor–stage 2 pancreatic cancer. He’ll have to go in for a six-hour surgery on July 22, but hopes to be performing a month later. New releases for the week of July 6, […]
Three more album reviews from releases this past Tuesday. Three different styles, two good, one not so much. No Justice hails from Stillwater, OK and made quite a splash in the Red Dirt music scene when their debut album hit about this time last year. They recently released (Tuesday) their sophomore effort titled Far From […]
- Bobby P.: Thanks for the link to my one hit wonder article!
- Leeann: I'm glad you reviewed this album. I think your rating is what I'd give it too. It's a good album, …
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …