In non-internet life, our friend Kevin Coyne of Country Universe is an elementary school principal in the Rockaways, an area heavily hit by Hurricane Sandy. Many of his teachers, students, and staff were affected by the storm. Here’s how you can help if you’re so inclined. Thanks. Pandora sued ASCAP. Bloomberg.com reports: Pandora, which is […]
Sam McDonald interviewed Emmylou Harris for the Daily Press. Barry Mazor interviewed Dwight Yoakam about his new record, 3 Pears, for the Wall Street Journal. Peter Cooper also spoke with Yoakam for a Tennessean feature. The Wall Street Journal also featured an article on the Americana compilation Lowe Country: The Songs of Nick Lowe, which […]
William Weir asks why people don’t sing about disease like they used to: Songs about sickness are fewer these days, and you rarely get the level of detail that singers once delved into about their symptoms. Today, when a song is about illness, it’s a good bet that the ailment in question is actually a […]
This past Friday night, the Oak Ridge Boys were invited to become the newest members of the Grand Ole Opry in fine Little Jimmy Dickens fashion. After the Oak Ridge Boys performed “Y’All Come Back Saloon,” Dickens walked out onstage dressed as a sub-five-foot William Lee Golden with long beard and sunglasses. “All my life […]
I’m no cardiologist, but I’ve always thought old heartaches were the worst kind, festering like some sort of flesh wound turned gangrenous. However, these artists make a good case for the sharp pain of the new heartache. You know, should you ever find yourself in a heated debate over the subject. 5. “Brand New Heartache” […]
It’s been five years since the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band released an album. Though they haven’t exactly been resting on their laurels, this interval between records isn’t too surprising: After all, once a band’s been together for 45 years, don’t you think they’d get a little bored with it all? Listening to Speed of Life, […]
This July marks the 40 year anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission in which man first set foot on the moon. And what better way to celebrate than with a lunar-loving playlist? Pop in those earbuds, fix yourself a big glass of Tang, and do a little stargazing this month. 40. “Defy the Moon” – […]
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …
- Barry Mazor: Well, gee, Taste of Country that sure clears that up. The argument's over--and it only took 200 words. …
- Barry Mazor: Inductions in all categories, by the rules, are one at a time--unless there's a dead-on tie, as happened once or …
- David Cantwell: Barry, do you know whether or not (sorry if you've already answered this question) the rotating category is limited to …
- Barry Mazor: Well, Luckyol; I guess you must know more about the CMA nominating process inner workings than I do, by some …