Mickey Gilley Returns to Touring; New Country Rehab Releases Free EP; Leonard Rutherford to Receive Grave Marker
Check out the list of Record Store Day releases — there are a fair amount of country/roots titles — and plan your budget accordingly. Stream Merle Haggard’s “I Take a Lot of Pride in What I Am” from the reissued live album The Fightin’ Side of Me, which comes out next week. Jon Pareles of The […]
Stream Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore; Memphis Music Hall of Fame Inductees Named; The Band Perry Announces World Tour Dates
Johnny Cash, Albert King, Memphis Jug Band, and Sid Selvidge are among the new inductees into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame; the induction ceremony will be held November 7. The Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore is streaming online before its September 17 release. In true McCoury fashion, it is quite good. Peter Cooper […]
Tompall Glaser Passes Away; Noam Pikelny Salutes Bluegrass Greats on New Concept Album; Will Hoge Announces Fall Tour
Tompall Glaser passed away yesterday at the age of 79. The Tennessean, Nashville Scene, CMT.com, The L.A. Times, and The 615 posted obituaries. Out October 1 on Compass Records: Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe. From the press release: Baker’s fiddle brought an elegant and refined voice to Monroe’s music and Pikelny precisely […]
Ray Price Finishes New Album; Bentley, McBride Raise Money for Charity; James Reams Releases Bluegrass Documentary
Guy Clark was featured on NPR’s All Things Considered. Ray Price has finished making an album. From his Facebook page: “I have, in fact, completed the CD I started working on in November, 2012. It is now in the hands of my Marketing People. I have to tell you that I am so pleased with […]
Jim Foglesong Passes Away; Blackberry Smoke Plays Leno; Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road Sign with Pinecastle
Jim Foglesong passed away yesterday at the age of 90. Foglesong, a Country Music Hall of Famer, was a music executive and professor who was integral to the careers of Garth Brooks, George Strait, Reba McEntire, The Oak Ridge Boys, and many, many more. The inaugural Loretta Lynn’s Gospel Music Festival will be held at […]
- Dave W.: Just read the news here. Will miss E145 very much - love this site. All the best to you Juli …
- Leeann Ward: Oh, dang! This is real. Farewell to the most generous, informative, quality, intelligent, consistent, ethical country music blog! You …
- bll: Thanks Juli for all the great articles and information; you'll be missed by me and I suss several others. Best …
- Both Kinds of Music: I hope people appreciate the irony that one of the best "Americana" albums is titled Metamodern Sounds in COUNTRY Music.
- Barry Mazor: I would not rule out that possibility..There's a different set of voters involved..
- Dana M: Does anyone else think that Brandy Clark actually has a good chance of winning since this isn't a country awards …
- Juli Thanki: UPDATE: Brandy Clark got a Best New Artist nom. BEST AMERICANA ALBUM: Rosanne Cash -- The River & The Thread John Hiatt -- Terms …
- luckyoldsun: Glenn Campbell is great and I'd love to see him get an award, but the words of that song may …
- Casey Penn: Juli, it was an honor to write for you here on Engine145.com. You're good at what you do, and The …
- bob: Go Brandy FGL - Just go away.