Mickey Gilley Returns to Touring; New Country Rehab Releases Free EP; Leonard Rutherford to Receive Grave Marker
Check out the list of Record Store Day releases — there are a fair amount of country/roots titles — and plan your budget accordingly. Stream Merle Haggard’s “I Take a Lot of Pride in What I Am” from the reissued live album The Fightin’ Side of Me, which comes out next week. Jon Pareles of The […]
Stream Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore; Memphis Music Hall of Fame Inductees Named; The Band Perry Announces World Tour Dates
Johnny Cash, Albert King, Memphis Jug Band, and Sid Selvidge are among the new inductees into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame; the induction ceremony will be held November 7. The Del McCoury Band’s Streets of Baltimore is streaming online before its September 17 release. In true McCoury fashion, it is quite good. Peter Cooper […]
Tompall Glaser Passes Away; Noam Pikelny Salutes Bluegrass Greats on New Concept Album; Will Hoge Announces Fall Tour
Tompall Glaser passed away yesterday at the age of 79. The Tennessean, Nashville Scene, CMT.com, The L.A. Times, and The 615 posted obituaries. Out October 1 on Compass Records: Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe. From the press release: Baker’s fiddle brought an elegant and refined voice to Monroe’s music and Pikelny precisely […]
Ray Price Finishes New Album; Bentley, McBride Raise Money for Charity; James Reams Releases Bluegrass Documentary
Guy Clark was featured on NPR’s All Things Considered. Ray Price has finished making an album. From his Facebook page: “I have, in fact, completed the CD I started working on in November, 2012. It is now in the hands of my Marketing People. I have to tell you that I am so pleased with […]
Jim Foglesong Passes Away; Blackberry Smoke Plays Leno; Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road Sign with Pinecastle
Jim Foglesong passed away yesterday at the age of 90. Foglesong, a Country Music Hall of Famer, was a music executive and professor who was integral to the careers of Garth Brooks, George Strait, Reba McEntire, The Oak Ridge Boys, and many, many more. The inaugural Loretta Lynn’s Gospel Music Festival will be held at […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …