As the daughter of a successful performing artist who regularly opened for the Commodores in Las Vegas and beyond, Mila Mason was born immersed in music, however, she was passionate about the songwriting part of the music business. In her late teens, her mother would pick up the family and move to Nashville in order […]
Blending bluegrass with the diverse sounds of jazz and Celtic music, Alison Brown has made a name for herself as one of the most talented and innovative banjo players around. Her career has included stints playing with Alison Krauss and Michelle Shocked, along with several solo albums. Most recently, she released The Company You Keep […]
The movie screen image of “making it in Nashville” usually involves years of playing in a bar and a chance meeting with a record executive. But on Tuesday, Brad Paisley—speaking to a crowd of students at his alma mater, Belmont University—made it clear that the Hollywood route isn’t the realistic way to stardom. For Paisley, […]
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider
- luckyoldsun: If I was a "long-time fan" of Trisha, I'd probably spring for the CD.