The cover of Back to Tennessee tells potential listeners all they need to know: here’s an album that’s all image and very little substance. With his artfully arranged bangs and carefully cultivated facial scruff, it appears as though Cyrus is desperately trying to remain hip, sexy, and most importantly, relevant among the non-Disney set. It’s […]
Where is Big Kenny? With the recent release of John Rich’s sophomore solo album Son of a Preacher Man, Big Kenny graciously decided to lay low for once and allow his partner Rich to share some of the spotlight. – Jim What does George Strait sing? Cash money, set to music. — Karlie How to […]
Reba McEntire will debut the lead single, “Strange,” from her first studio album in six years at the ACM Awards on April 5. For now, you can settle for a short preview on The Valory Music Co. website. The Austin American Statesman‘s Brad Buchholz sat with Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely and Butch Hancock of […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."