Dean Dillon to Receive BMI Icon Award; Musicians Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Inductees; Album Releases
The Kickstarter page for Suzy Bogguss’ album of Merle Haggard songs features a six-minute sampler that sounds mighty fine. Dean Dillon will be honored with the BMI Icon Award tonight. Here’s a fine interview he did for American Songwriter. Read Barry Mazor’s Wall Street Journal article on the CMA Awards and how they got that […]
Mike Henderson Leaves The SteelDrivers; Hank Jr. Raises $75K for Hall of Fame; New Christmas Music From Claire Lynch
Mike Henderson has left The SteelDrivers. From a post Henderson wrote on the band’s website: Now, for personal reasons which have nothing to do with my or my family’s health or well being, the time has come for me to say goodbye. Don’t worry I’ll be around and you’ll be hearing from me soon. I […]
On her first radio tour in two years, momentum has been interrupted by the monster winter storm that hit most of the lower 48 states. Country artist Star De Azlan got turned around in Philly, barely catching a flight, and came back home to Texas to wait it out–only to be affected once again by […]
Why does Nashville Star start again? Because it has slightly better ratings than an Oxy Clean infomercial. — Jim What does “we’re having an Indian Summer” mean? It means you’ve just been extradited from a place you’ve been living for hundreds of years. — Pierce What is the meaning of “Wild at Heart” by Gloriana? […]
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on the website 2steppin.com, and has been reprinted here with permission. This comprehensive look at race relations in country music was written prior to the rise of Darius Rucker as a hitmaker. The 9513 would love to hear your comments about race in country music today, and about […]
Nineteen-Year-Old Singer-Songwriter Attacked by Coyotes; Ticket Brokers Call Foul Over Garth Concerts
Nineteen-year-old Taylor Mitchell, who is described as a promising up-and-coming folk and country musician, was attacked by two coyotes on Tuesday while hiking alone in a national park in Canada. She died Wednesday morning from the resulting injuries. (MySpace) Farce the Music Top 10s: Top 10 Things Garth Brooks Has Been Doing During His Retirement […]
Where does Gary Allan Herzberg live? Katherine Walker, you really have to stop writing into The 9513. — Ken Your IP addresses have been logged, and Gary’s lawyers will be contacting you shortly. — Andrew Does Gary Allan Herzberg have a girlfriend? Really Katherine, you just need to realize, Gary’s just not that into you. […]
Rumors of an affair between LeAnn Rimes and her Lifetime movie co-star Eddie Cibrian continue to burn, and now Us Weekly reports that Cibrian’s wife, Brandi Glanville, has left him. “LeAnn is a stalker,” Glanville told Us last month. “She refuses to leave us alone. It is shameful and scary. People are going to say […]
The Paisley’s named their second son Jasper Warren Paisley. The house belonging to Jimmy Dean and his wife caught fire last night, injuring three firefighters. Fortunately, the country singer and his wife were able to escape without harm. The New York Times‘ songwriting blog, Measure for Measure, is temporarily closing down and as an encore, […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …